Chapter 1: The train intervention

Liläk looked down from her ikran. Near the ground, she could see planes exploding and her mother throwing arrows. She wondered how it felt to be useful for the war, like really useful, not her patrolling job. She knew her father only gave her, Neteyam and Lo'ak the task to make them believe they were being involved without really involving them. She had strict orders of not going near the battlefield. She had to watch from afar and only contact her father if real danger was near.

She kept flying, going around on circles like a vulture to keep the entire perimeter guarded. The train track that her parents were trying to destroy exploded, filling the sky of Pandora with a loud noise. Her ears lowered as she looked down. It was a win for the Na'vi.

-Yes!-she exclaimed.

She continued her patrolling until she noticed something: Lo'ak and Neteyam were nowhere to be found.

She touched her neck to activate her ear piece.

-Devil dog.-She said her father's code name. She felt it was ridiculous to address him as such, but she knew her father had been a marine as a human, so that's how things were done with him ever since the sky people had returned, even though she wished she could just speak normally to him.-Devil dog this is Lily Flower, over.

-Lily flower, I read you, over.

-Neteyam and Lo'ak are not in the skies, I suspect they landed for something, thought you should know, over.

-Keep me informed and stay in the air, over.

Jake looked for his sons with his eyes, he found them in a second, Lo'ak holding a gun beside Neteyam. He was about to go get them when Liläk's voice could be heard once more.

-There is a ship coming from the north!-She screamed into her ear piece and commanded her ikran Pìwopx to go higher. With the commotion she noticed that she forgot to say over.

-Oh! Over!-she added as she soared.

The ship kept shooting from above. The second time it shot the ground Liläk knew something wasn't right. She felt a faint pain on her back. Neteyam.

Someone shot the turbine of the ship making it explode on the air. Ignoring her father's commands she landed on the ground looking for her twin.

She saw her younger brother looking at the rubbles worriedly.

-Lo'ak!-she called.-Are you alright?-she asked while looking at him up and down. Lo'ak nodded faintly, he knew he would be in trouble the minute dad found their brother. Why did trouble always rose when he decided to do anything slightly out of line?! After realizing her brother was okay she looked at the rubble breathing heavily.

-What where you thinking!?

-Things had already calmed down okay?

-Things are never calmed down! Any moment danger could arise you know that!

-You sound like dad...-she laughed weakly and shook her head.

-You skxwang...-she said affectionally as she hugged him.

She was worried about Neteyam, but she knew he was okay, she just felt it. She could see her father carrying Neteyam on his back on the distance, Lo'ak left, knowing he would be in more trouble if his father saw he hadn't gone the moment he told him to.

Liläk approached her father quickly.

-Liläk!-Her father called.

-Is he okay?-She asked.

-Yeah, yeah, I need you to take him on your ikran.

She turned around to find her.

-Pìwopx!

Her ikran was by her side immediately. Her father helped Neteyam get on as Liläk connected her queue to Pìwopx.

-I love Lo'ak, but you gotta stop doing everything he suggests, he is kind of a skxwang.

Neteyam laughed as they soared through the air heading home.