childhood trauma comfort

Unfortanely I can only write about the trauma that I experience(d) myself, so in case you can relate to anything I mention then I'm sorry and I hope you're doing well.

-Ji-Woon suspected some things the whole time, so when you finally sat down and told him your past he was shocked, but not really surprised.

-He quickly analyzed your issues and how to help you, and decided to adapt some new habits.

-He'll tell you whenever he's proud of you. Every single time. You'll hear it a lot.

-Praising you is easy for him, he knows himself how awesome it is to get praised and seeing your reaction to him telling you all the good things about you also makes him happy.

-Ji-Woon will also try to thank you a lot, he apprechiates as good as everything you do.

-He always makes sure to acknowledge your work, you wont need to reach out for some attention anymore by making simple things you're doing overly obvious and then feeling cringe. You will get all his attention without having to ask for it.

-"You know that you don't need to hide and sneak in the kitchen, right? Noone judges you for eating."

-Back to the praising part, if they weren't before then now the pet names are definetely taking over part of his  vocabulary.

-You will be his number one. No more of being the second choice. You have to give him some alone time and time with his friends of course, but the most time he'll be exactly where you are.

-Physical touch is going to play a very big part. After years of crying out and just wanting a hug you finally have someone who will stay in bed with you for hours, having his arms (and legs) wrapped around you, rubbing your back, kissing your neck ect. Ji-Woon probably wont leave his hands off you the most time. He'll mostly have them in yours, on your shoulder or on your waist. He started slowly with physical touch, especially after he found out how sensitive and touch starved you actually are when you just started sobbing while getting hugged for the first time. He mostly lets you come to him first and makes sure to give you enough signs so you know that it's really okay.

-He'd never insult or judge you, other wise around, he'll actually make sure noone else will.

-The same with interrupting. He's trying his best to be patient with you. He also helps you find the words and sometimes explains to the others what you mean.
After seeing how often you get interrupted by others it might also frustrate him and from then interrupting you will have consequences.

-If he doesn't pay attention to you while someones yelling he might not even notice your crying. Especially not when the other person isn't even yelling at you. He wouldn't suspect anything in that kind of situation, maybe he'd sit there and enjoy the drama until he looks in your direction. He'll be confused but react quickly, hold you and try to find out what's wrong. Once you told him you just can't stand people yelling he'll understand and see what he can do. Mostly he'll pull out his earphones, connect them to his phone, give them to you and put on some stuff that calms you down while holding, petting and kissing you. This stuff could be anything, from listening to music over any asmr or sensory videos to true crime stories, whatever helps you. Depending on the place and stress level he'll definetely leave with you if it gets too much, but first he'll just stay there and hope he can distract you.

-Ji-Woon also let's you talk. He doesn't need or want you to "get to the point". If you both have time and talk he wants to hear every detail (That intensifies if he finds out you're forgettable asf because you have noone to share anything with).

-It actually would take Ji-Woon quite a while to find out how to properly comfort you, he isn't experienced with caring too much over other people but for you? He will definetely learn it.

-You're also one of the exceptions if it comes to emotional people. He usually thinks they're overwhelming, annoying or even immature but after getting to know you better and understanding how the brain of these people sometimes works he might change his view.