CHAPTER 17

HELLFIRE

"So my dear Gusion, I've sensed Maximus. Apparently, he's the only one in Elezalde who doesn't have fears. And that leaves a lot of questions unanswered. Where is Baal, to start with?", Lucifer said with a wicked tone.
"Your evilness, what if Baal has gone into slumber?", Gusion asked.
"True. That could be possible. Well if that's the case then Maximus should return. Besides he has exhausted his three weeks on earth", Lucifer replied.
Just then Mammon materialized in the room. He bowed and stood up, smiling mischievously.
"Your great deviousness, so you're just gonna pop up there and get him and come back like nothing happened?", he asked.
Lucifer looked at him, knowing his intentions.
"You can't tempt the king of temptation. Obviously I'll start punishing him from there before dragging him back here for proper torture. I'll go to earth with bits of hell. And you, Mammon shall get the bits of hell. Go now"

***

They entered the room and Maximus laid on the bed and looked at Kira like he was waiting for her. She closed the door behind her and stood, looking at him.
"Well?", he said.
"Well, what?", she said in return.
"Get on the bed"
"Certainly not gonna do that", Kira said shaking her head.

Max stood up and walked towards her, locking eyes with her.
"Kiss me, Kira", he said with a soft compelling tone.
Kira closed her eyes and brought her lips closer to his. And just then, her danger signals rang out. She could feel the force that came from his compulsion. She drew away from him, shock and confusion written all over her face as she recalled her parents telling her about only Guardians and demons, having the power of compulsion.
"Did...did you just compel me?"
Max was shocked and speechless as well.

How did she know what compulsion was?

"Kira, I...I..."
Just then, there was a loud echoing roar and sounds of explosion.
"Maximus!!!", a voice yelled, from afar. That voice sounded very familiar, both to Max and Kira. She looked at him.
"What.. what are you?"
Before Max could speak, in the gap between them, there was an explosion of fire. The force that came with the explosion threw Kira off her balance. She went crashing to the floor.
Fire spread round the whole room immediately. Kira felt herself drifting into unconsciousness.
No, not now.
She opened her eyes and was shocked at what she saw; huge bat wings attached to the back of someone.
"Max!", she yelled. "Where are you? There's a demon here"
But the demon didn't even seem to notice her and he flew away.
As he left, the fire increased. Kira began to weep.
"This is what you want for me, right? For me to die in fire?", she asked her Inner Guardian.
She felt strength leaving her.

As she was about to breath her last, a force took hold of her and lifted her up in the air. It raised her hair up, and raised her hands to her side. Her senses became heightened. She could hear crying voices and screams of pain coming from the fire, just like she heard in her dream.
So these are the fires of hell.
Then she heard, the familiar voice yelling again.
"Maximus! I can sense you", it yelled.
The deadly demon. It had to be him.

Just then, her eyes glowed a blue green color. She could see everything outside the hotel. There was smoke and fire everywhere. People, actual people lay on the ground struggling with life and death. And then, she saw a huge creature at a far distance. It was gigantic and it spat fire out of it mouth and nose. It was the creature that was calling Maximus. It had the likeness of a serpent.
And suddenly, she felt a different kind of energy entering her. It felt very hot. She looked at her hands and saw flames entering them.
Her eyes changed color to red.
Then she landed, smoke and steam leaving her body.
Kira wasn't in her right senses anymore. She looked evil and deadly. And only one thing was in her mind.
Revenge!
"Your master isn't the only person that can sense you, Max. I can also do that. And I assure you, you're in the wrong place at the right time"