Chapter 8

Nates POV
——————
It's cold...that's all I felt. I had just woken up from being unconscious for who knows how long. My body shivering from the cold and weak. I don't remember anything that lead me to being unconscious, but the cuts are reminiscent. A slight flash flashed through my eyes and I saw Lazarus, or Mica, using a spell then another one, then another one. One of them made me go unconscious, the other two was just pure torture. "Hello?! Mica!?" I said as much as I could. But I was cold, my jaw was tense from the shivering.

"Well, look who's finally awake. Did you have a nice nap?" I looked over to where the voice was coming from and I saw Mica and Lazarus standing there, in bright daylight. "Mica, you know what to do. I'll meet you there." Lazarus said and walked away, Mica coming closer.

"Mica...what are you doing?" I asked her as she unshackled one of my wrists but leaving the shackle on my right hand. She unlatched my left one from the chair and then I felt my arms being yanked behind me. She stood me up and I just collapsed, my body refusing to move.

"Can you not stand? And I'm doing this for your own good. I'm going to get you out." Mica told me and then helped me up.

We walked for about 15 minutes, but with me stumbling and not being able to walk straight, it took longer then expected. We got inside the room and there was this bucket in the middle of the room. "What took so damn long Mica?" Lazarus shouted as she saw us walk in.

"Sorry, this little guy couldn't walk very well. I would have gotten here quicker if you would have helped me!" Mica shouted as Lazarus walked toward us.

"Shut your mouth and get the supplies ready." Lazarus said, her voice filled with dominance. Mica gave me a sincere look and walked toward the bucket where a hose was leaking water, and I couldn't tell where it was going. Lazarus then pushed me forward, violently, and I managed to gain my footing as she then grabbed one of my arms and pulled me toward the bucket, kicking me behind my knees, making me fall.

"Why are you doing this?!" I shouted as loudly as my voice will let me, staring into the bucket.

"Either you shut up, or I will make you shut up, and you wouldn't be able to breathe." She growled loudly in my ear. I quickly shut my mouth and looked at Lazarus then Mica, my hands starting to shake and mess with the shackles.

The bucket was full of water in less then 5 minutes. Mica and Lazarus both stood beside me, well Mica kneeling beside me, and I was full on struggling against the shackles. "Please...just let me go." I said, my voice cracking.

"Mica, is it ready?" Lazarus said as she gripped the back of my head, ignoring what I just said. I moved my eyes to look up at Mica who was nodding and taking the hose out of the bucket. I don't know what they are going to do to me...and I don't want to find out, but I guess I have to. "Ready to go for a little swim?" Lazarus taunted as she now moved the bucket closer, the water all the way to the top to where it's practically overflowing.

"No! Please! What are you doing to me!" I shouted again, now coming out as a shaky and quiet voice. Lazarus just laughed and next thing I know, my head is underwater. My lungs taking in so much water from me trying to gasp air in through my mouth and nose. I start struggling, but my hands are bound behind me, I can't push myself up and out of the water. I try and grab onto something, my shirt or Lazarus' arm, but I couldn't.

I'm on the verge of passing out when my head was raised up from the bucket and I started to choke up water and gasp for air. "P-please s-s-stop!" I gasped, my head starting to spin as I grew lightheaded from the violent gasps I was taking.

"Do you think you can take a little more?" I heard a voice taunt. But because I'm just not doing so well, the voices were so distant and distorted, I couldn't tell who was talking to me. And as I tried to plea, mid sentence I was pushed back into the water.

I'm again taking in so much water that my lungs are probably filled with water, my heart was pounding and my lungs burned. My vision was blurred and my head spun. I'm going to pass out if I don't get air into my body.

I finally get pulled back out of the water and sense I had no hand on my head once I got pulled out, I fell backwards, gasping for air, tears now falling from my eyes and I can't do this. I imaged me dying from the lack of food I got back at the village, but never to the lack of oxygen.

I suddenly feel a blanket or towel go on top of me and I'm still gasping for air as my body can't handle this. "Nate, it's Mica. Lazarus isn't here anymore. I'm going to dry you off as best as I can, and then I'll have to bring you back to the room. Take some nice deep breath's slowly. I don't want you passing out or anything. Just listen to my voice and I'll try my best to get you out of here." Mica...she...she was helping Lazarus...why is she helping me...am I overthinking her and her intentions? No...I can't be. She's helping my enemy with torturing me!

"W-why a-are y-y-you do-doing t-this?" I gasped, still not satisfied with the air intake I'm consuming.

"I'll explain everything later okay? How are you feeling?" She asked me, her voice soft. I didn't feel like talking, so I just shook my head no, as a symbol that I'm not doing so well. I felt her hand go on top of my head and she messed with my hair. My blurry vision has gotten a little bit better but everything still isn't clear. I saw a smile go across her face as she gently sat me up and I'm just trying to control my breathing right now. "Relax your breathing. Just take a couple deep breaths." She told me, her hand now on my back and she was rubbing it as she instructed my breathing.

A few minutes later, I'm back to the room, shackled to the chair once more. I was able to get my breathing steady and now I'm just back to shivering. The cold basement and the wetness of my clothing just made me cold.

And now Mica is just standing there, staring at this sheet of paper, and she looks at me, sighs, and she says, "Nate...I'm so sorry for this..." I tilt my head up to look at her and there is a bright light coming from her hand...

What is she going to do?

Matt's POV
——————
It's been over 72 hours sense Nate has gone missing. But it's been over 24 hours sense Mica and Lazarus showed up. I'm now at the stables, it's around 11:45am, just grooming Rosemary to keep myself calm. I've gone 3 days with barely any sleep. I go to sleep but I keep having nightmares about what's going to happen to me and Nate. I was given the responsibility of telling Nate's parents about what happened to their son...I still need to go there, that's why I'm out here grooming Rosemary.

"Matt?" I looked over and I saw Mary coming towards the stables. I dropped the brush onto the little table that was beside me, and I walked over to Mary.

"Hey Mary. Everything okay?" I asked her. She nodded and looked at me.

"Yeah. Everything is fine. I was just coming to check up on you, see if you slept any." She told me, bringing her hand to my face and her thumb running against the bottom of my eye. "You don't seem to be getting any sleep." She said, stating the obvious.

"I know Mary. I just can't sleep. And until we find him, I'm not going to be able to sleep." I said honestly, sighing a little. Things just weren't going well for me. I'm becoming depressed, stressed and my anxiety has risen. "Things are going wrong Mary..." I told her, sitting down on the grass, Mary following.

"Things will get better and we will find him. You have to believe in that. Okay?" I nodded and she looked at me and smiled. "I'll be in the garden if you need me. Okay?" I nodded once more, absentmindedly picking at the grass beside me. "I love you Matt. Don't forget that." I smiled and nodded back to her as she walked off.

Will things be okay? Can we find him before it to late?

(AN: short chapter as this is a filler. The good parts are coming! I promise! Happy New Year to all of you!)