CHAPTER ONE

INTRODUCTION - mostly learning more about vee

today it's 50 fucking degrees outside.
I'm on the verge of a breakdown and I'm completely alone.
What's the point anymore? I'm just walking. I don't even know where the hell im going. It's just survival now. What's the point of living if you have nothing to live for? Everyone I knew died. I had a group, a good one. And I could say I was happy, for a damn apocalypse atleast.
I had a son, a husband, everything. I had it good I know that. And I was pretty grateful too.
Atleast I think I was. And I know I miss it. I'm going crazy not having someone to talk to. Talking to myself got old. I used to get annoyed when someone would talk too much, my son definitely did. Now i could listen to him ramble on all damn day.

I found a school. I cant even think straight right now i just need food. I havent eaten in days. I need something. I eagerly walk up to the door, And hear a crash from the door. I take a step back wondering if i should go in. Obviously assuming its the dead. What the hell. Im fucking starving. If i get bit then so be it. Ill die if i dont get food anyways. I finally just open the door. Slowly walking in case something pops out. I pull my gun out of its holster. My cowboy boots slowly stepping down the halls. And i find a room with a single lunchbox on a table. But then hear that noise again. I quickly get what i need, lookinf in cabinets, stuffing things in my bag. As im walking out relieved i didnt come across any of the dead in there. "Drop the gun now" a male voice said. I slowly turn around and put my gun on the ground. There stands a pretty woman with a knife and a man with a crossbow. Anger shown on my face. I wasnt thinking happy thoughts like, wow finally people i can talk to! I could only think bad. What if they steal everything i have? What if they just blow my damn brains out? "Im not looking for any trouble." I say stern trying not too get angry to the point i yell at people with weapons pointed at me. "what are you looking for?" The man with the crossbow says. "Food" I say not taking my eyes off the two. "You got anything else on ya?" He asks. "No, I don't. Just that." The girl looks sad, less angry than the man. More drained. "We just lost one of our people. We don't want trouble either" she says looking at me then the man. "You got a group?" The man asks. "No I don't. Separated." I say not fully lying. We were separated by death. I just don't want them to think I'm some evil girl trying to kill them. Me being the only survivor sounds sketchy. I'm not ready to tell the story yet. Don't even wanna think about it but here I am. "You held up good?" I say looking down not wanting to seem desperate but I can't keep being on my own. I'll die or just kill myself if it comes to that. "Who wants to know?" He says getting suspicious. "Just me. I can't keep walking alone all day. I can't" I say.
The girls face softened after that. The man not so much but looked less tense now that I look at em. "What's your name?" "Vee." I say basically asking with my face what theirs are. "I'm Maggie, and this is Daryl." Maggie says.
"Can I search you?" She asks. I understand why that's needed so I just nod. She searches me and then picks up my gun and hands it to me. I put it in my holster. Showing I mean no harm.
"We have a car parked outside. You got one?" she asks. "No" i reply. I follow them to their car. Daryl driving while Maggie sits in the back with me. Making sure I don't try anything I assume. "We have a prison." She says. "And we got people, so you try anything, your dead." Daryl says.
Maggie catches me looking at the basket and backpack full of baby formula. "One was born today. A baby girl. Her mother passed during birth" she says looking down obviously about to cry. I nod not saying anything to let her take a minute, she obviously needs it. Finally we pull up to a prison. I couldn't even think I was nervous as hell.

FIRST CHAPTER!! And I kept my promise posting this before Christmas yay