Chapter 1

The sound of an alarm clock wakes her up. "Cring, cring, cring," groaning while hugging a pillow, she reached the annoying alarm clock on her bedside table and looked at it; it’s already 5:30 a.m. She stayed on her bed for five minutes before going downstairs. The bathroom was not connected to her room, they only have one that is located before the kitchen. Camila did her routine to freshen up and start cooking her breakfast. The smell of garlic on a pan for her fried rice smells delicious, she cooked bacon and Sunnyside up and then a hot coffee.
"Hmmm." Camila moaned as she tasted it. "I have a recognition event to attend so let’s finish this all." She said talking to herself.

After doing all she needed to do inside the bathroom, Camila looked at herself in the mirror while wearing her off shoulder black slit dress paired with white wedge sandals, her brown short wavy hair was just on her shoulder and put light makeup on.

"Are you not yet done?" Her older brother asked in a monotone voice. "I'm done, it's already 6:40 a.m., the event will start at 8 a.m., c'mon Kuya." Camila said while hurriedly walking to her brother.

It took twenty-five minutes before they arrived in Vista Mall Naga where the event will be held. Her brother was outside to look for a parking spot while she took a quick retouch. Walking towards the entrance, Camila was busy searching for her sling bag until she bumped into someone. She thought she would fall on the hard floor of the mall, but someone grabbed her waist.

“Pot—," she paused when she saw who’s holding her to avoid from falling. Their stares met even in a second Camila noticed how beautiful his dark, cold eyes piercing her soul, there's a shocked written on her face same as with him. He has thick eyebrows and pointed nose. She also smells his manly scent perfume.

"Are you fine? I'm sorry, miss." the man spoke on his manly voice and slowly letting go of her waist.
" N-no I-I'm sorry it's my fault I'm not looking on my way." Camila replied nervously and cursed herself for being clumsy.

"Hm, next time, be careful then, Can I also ask what event we have here?" He said this while looking intently at Camila's face. Camila composed herself before answering. " It's our recognition day."
"Oh really? What school? Congratulations by the way, what grade are you?” The man keeps on asking her, but Camila heard someone calling her name on her side.
"Ah Cararayan National High School I'm on my eleventh grade, Sorry again the program will start now I gotta go." Camila hurriedly walked away from the man. He called her but then she ignored it when she looks back, Camila just smile and wave her hand to him. She saw him smile back while touching his nape.

As the program started, Camila was still thinking on what happened minutes ago, she realized something. " He asked my school and grade level but not my name? The heck?" She murmured to herself. Camila dismissed those thoughts and just focuses on the guest speaker in front who's giving wonderful and encouraging words to all students.

"Camila Sandoval with honor" the emcee called her name as she walked with her Ate smiling and happy, Camila's proud of herself too, those struggles, and sleepless night are worth it " Congratulations" her sister said to her same with the teachers who approached them. They took a lot of photos with her friends,