Eternal Sleep

Iruma's POV unless said otherwise!

A dream like no other. I can't remember what I was dreaming about but it was something nice. That much I knew. It was really comfortable and all but something was a bit different. 

I should get out of here and greet my fellow caven members.

Tho that sleep was really nice!

I really needed it!

Slowly but surely I got out of the crave I was in. I loved my sleeping place and it was one of many in the underground caven right beneath a church. Many people thought that there would be catacombs but in this place we vampire took them over and made them our homes. No one ever dared to go down here so it safe for us.

I wonder why it is soo silent.

They for sure are just gonna prank me!

When I got out of my sleeping place, I couldn't see anyone nor any ligfht. The light wasn't as much of a problem than the actual dust around me. There were soo many spider webs and dust all around me. It looked as if no one was around here for ages and even ages wasn't enough for this to be true.

Me: HELLO?!

It allarmed me a lot and so I quickly got out of the room and ran down the hallway. All I could find was just a dark place and dust everyhwere. Insects and rats were crawling around the place. It was not something that should look like this. I knew better than anyone else how lively it was around here but right now it was definitelly looking as if it was abandoned.

Me: HELLO?!!!!

As I screamed and ran around, the feeling of something being wrong started to form at the bottom of my guts. There was nothing that should have happened or could have happened to this cavern. I knew how strong we were and the magic we possessed was nothing compared to a demon ones and yet this cavern which had housed more than thousands was now completly empty.

My night vision was helping me to get around but it wasn't much of a help until I heard something with the sensitive ears I had. Voices! There were people talking and with the glimmer of a hope, I ran towarsd these voices.

What happened here?

Where are the others?

Who is this?

I can't remember such a voice?!

That smell....

A human!

What is a human, no, humans doing down here?

How did they even manage to get down here?

I ran as fast as I could which was the average human speed since as a vampire our speed lied into teleportation and not the actuall running speed. We relied heavily on our magic and our senses to survive and right now I could feel them screaming at me to just get out of here but I couldn't! I needed to know what is going on.

Still I couldn't also ignore the one thing that was makeing sure that I would survive. It was the one thing that also saved us from the demons which tried to surprise attack us. We wouldn't have known abotu that attack and went to the human world if not for our gut feeling telling us to do so.

Now with no other choice left, I went to the closest room and sat on the ground. If there was one feekness of the humans that we always used against them, then that was their attatchment towards their feeling. Pitty, Anger, Love, Sadness, we would always play these against them to get them into our palms.

Me: HELP!!!

???: A child?

???: Down here?

???: Honey we have to check it out.

Me: HELP!

Of course I feaked my weakness and waited for these humans to come over to me. They seemed a bit different from what I could remember that humans look like. That woman was eveb wearing some pants and thez had some weird light as well. I was just soo confused about what is going on and why they were dressed like that.

Woman: Are you okay?

Me: ... Where am I?

Woman: Hey, it's okay.

Man: How did you even get down here?

Me: I don't know... I woke up here.... please help me.

Woman: Of course we will. Honey let's get him out of here.

Man: Yes.

Woman:  How long have you been here?

Me: I-I-I don't know....What date do we have?

The man than told me it was the 21rst century and when I heard that, I was left more than shocked. I was asleep for more than 1 decade. In fact I was sleeping peaqcfully for over 1000 years. 

That was also the reason why they looked so weird to me. Still they seemed nice but my hunger got the better of me. I had to do something and since these humans were about to be usefull to me, I decided to ignore my hunger and follow them out into the sun. It was not dangerous to us Vampires but we prefered the night since our pale skin and our fangs would stand out too much. In the sun light you would be able to see them better than in the night time.

Little did I know that these people were about to take me in without any papers or anything. Of course I was not about to stay with them for long but I planned to stay with them till I figured out the ways in this century. I had to make sure that I would survive after all.