Morning

She woke up early the next morning, still in his arms. She smiled and kissed the corner of his mouth, and his eyes fluttered open.

"Morning," she said, burying her face in his neck.

"Morning," he responded, kissing the top of her head.

"I'm so sorry."

"Stop it." He kissed her, pushing his luck and running his hands over her still bare skin. Fortunately, she responded instantly and kissed him back, throwing her leg up over his hip to pull him even closer. Getting a little nervous again, he pulled back and looked at her intently.

"What?"

"We haven't really talked about this," he said, his hand planted on her waist, forcing himself not to roam.

"I don't know what else to say."

"I really don't want to hurt you again. I need you to tell me what's going on."

"Lindsey..."

"No, listen for just a minute. In case I haven't made it clear yet, I'm in love with you. I want all of you. Having you in my house for the past eight months and not touching you has been one of the hardest things I've had to do. I'll wait as long as you need me to, and we can work through anything that comes up, but I need to know that you want this. That you want me."

"Of course I do," she said, slightly frustrated. "I just don't even remember what sex should feel like."

"When was the last time someone made love to you?"

"Probably the night I went home with you. Before I was pregnant with Miranda."

"Did he ever even make you come?" She looked a little embarrassed by the question, but she shook her head. "Never?"

"That really wasn't his goal," she said, a little bit of nervous laughter creeping into her voice.

"I moved too fast last night."

"No, it shouldn't have been too fast," she said, trying to get him to stop blaming himself. "I thought I was ready. I just..."

"Can I just touch you?" She was slightly taken back by his request, but she nodded, biting her lip in anticipation. "Tell me if I need to stop, okay?" She nodded her understanding and waited, a little nervous now. He pushed her onto her back and sat between her legs, taking in her still naked body. His hands traveled up her rib cage, stopping at her breasts and teasing her nipples with his thumbs, her back arching slightly as they hardened under his touch. He squeezed them, pulling at the peaks, grateful for the way she began to respond to him.

He leaned down and kissed her breastbone, pressing his lips to her skin, working his way down to her naval and back up before grabbing a nipple between his lips, sucking gently. He gave each breast attention, nipping and sucking at them until he could hear her breath grow shallow. Her hands tangled in his hair, pressing his face into her chest as she began to writhe a little beneath him. He kissed his way down her soft belly, then ran his tongue over her hip bones, pausing to give her inner thigh a squeeze. His fingers played right next to where she wanted him, and he watched her carefully, praying that she wasn't going to stop him now. "Touch me, Lindsey," she begged, her hands gripping his shoulders as he started to kiss his way toward where she wanted him.

He ran his finger between her slick folds, stroking her a little before sliding one finger into her gently. She gasped, her hand moving to the base of his neck, urging him closer. He finally ran his tongue from her entrance up to her clit, stopping when she let out a yelp. He sucked at her most sensitive area, sliding a second finger inside her as she moaned his name in encouragement. He curled his fingers up inside of her, swirling his tongue across her swollen lips, feeling her start to tighten around his fingers. She bucked against his mouth, knowing that she was probably pulling his hair too hard. He didn't seem to mind.

He sucked harder and slid his fingers in and out, doing everything he could to push her over the edge. She finally let go, shaking and crying out, tears flowing down her face. He came back up and planted soft kisses all over her cheeks and lips and eyes, holding her face as she recovered. He felt her smile against his lips, and he pulled back to look at her, smiling back at her.

"Oh my God," she said, laughing a little, still gasping for air. "That was amazing," she admitted, still too overwhelmed to be self conscious.

"I still remember what you like," he said playfully, spooning her and kissing her shoulder. Just then he heard Emma cry and both of them groaned at the thought of getting up. He jumped out of bed first and pulled on some pants, hurrying to bring the baby back.

She took her from him, still wrapped in sheets, more relaxed and smiley than he'd seen her. "Hey sweet girl! Are you hungry?" He sat beside her, pulling her into his lap, holding her and the baby in silence. She rested her head on his shoulder, eyes closed. He knew she still struggled with the early mornings, despite being on mommy time for six years. Some things never changed.

"Why don't you and Emma go back to bed for a while? Miranda and I can make breakfast, okay?"

She smiled gratefully at him, stretching up to kiss him. "It's your turn later, you know," she said, grazing the still-present bulge in his pants with her free hand. He gasped at the contact, grabbing her wrist to stop her from going any further.

"Careful," he said, regaining his composure. God, he needed her. The last thing he wanted to do was screw up any progress they'd just made. "I'll see you downstairs in a little while," he said, kissing her again and swinging his legs over the side of the bed.