𝑭𝑰𝑭𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑰𝑭𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵 | 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐾𝐸𝑁𝑁𝐸𝐿𝑆

"I know the feeling."

➶ ➴↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

MIA WASN'T LISTENING TO HER SISTER AS SHE PRATTLED ON. She was much too distracted to dive into the conversation between Celaena and Nehemia, a glare forming on her face when noticing the sapphire color she had begun to mix thoughtlessly.

Stupid prince, she thought to herself, glaring at the color that stared up at her mockingly from her palette. Stupid prince and his stupid pretty eyes.

They had stayed in the late hours of the morning until her eyes had nearly bled from every connotation the books had given her. She supposed it was nice having a friend in the prince, even if he did cause her heart to hurt. When he walked her back to her rooms, she hadn't missed the look that was passed between two of her guards she recognized as Louis and Rez. Though she left it alone, knowing nothing good would come of it when trying to deny anything.

That day, it had been Mia's turn to teach, and while she had been able to begin them all in a simple painting exercise, she quickly left Celaena and Nehemia alone as they began to chat idly amongst each other.

She most certainly wasn't thinking about him.

That would be ridiculous.

She was especially not remembering the way he had held her, the warmth that had come from it had been left imprinted in her mind. She'd been hugged before, but nothing had ever compared to the way he had stood in front of her, cradled her face in her hands.

His fingers had been soft, brushing against her cheeks and she'd grinned, bringing her hands to play with the lapel of his jacket.

Fanning her face, she blinked hard, trying to forget it. Her heart couldn't stand it, couldn't keep up with its unnatural rhythm whenever she thought about him. It needed to stop, this feeling he gave her and whatever else he was doing.

"Mia!"

She snapped her head up, flushing deeply once more as Celaena raised a brow.

Nehemia laughed at her embarrassment as her sister said, "We're going for a walk, do you want to come? Or is your painting bothering you too much?"