in my room

i didn't need to open my eyes to realise i wasn't in my own bed. my pillow was too flat, there was a wall to the left of me, instead of the right. i couldn't have been at aprils either, because her bed wasn't next to any walls. so where the fuck was i?

i sat up as fast as i possibly could, not realising i had the worst headache known to man. it must've still be early morning, as the only thing lighting up the room was the small rays of moonlight shining in from underneath the blinds.

i started to panic. i had no idea where i was, it was early morning and i was in some random bed by myself. i started feeling my head spin.

slowly, the amnesia faded, and i felt myself remembering bits and pieces of last night. graduating. going to a random house party with april. ending up in a random bedroom with a guy with similar interests. banging my head. throwing up.

duff. now i remembered. i was hanging out with duff after april ditched me and passed out near the pool. and i had hit my head? i think. i remember throwing up and being so sore i couldn't move, i cant even remember getting to the bed.

i turn my body to the right, to see an outline of a mop of bright blonde hair next to me. duff. i smile to myself. i didn't really have many friends. i was quite an introvert, and i was to closed off to talk to other people with similar interests as me. so i'm quite surprised that not only did i talk to a stranger, but that he also had the same interests as me! but i'll admit, the whole reason because of it was definitely because of the alcohol. maybe i should start drinking more often.

but definitely not as much as i did last night. i felt my mouth water and i bolted to the bathroom across from where i was just slumbering, accidentally standing on duffs hand as i hopped off the bed.

i heard an 'ow!' before i started to once again empty my stomach as i did previously a few hours ago. i don't know how i was throwing up, i hadn't had anything except water since the last time i threw up.

i felt a pair of hands pull back my hair and rub my back. though i was projectile vomiting everywhere, i felt at ease knowing duff was with me.

'i have an extra toothbrush if you want to brush your teeth, you probably don't want to go back to bed having vomit breath.' duff tells me once i had finished emptying my stomach for the second time that night (morning?). i give him a small smile as a reply, and he opens one of the drawer and hands me a little cardboard box which holds a new toothbrush.

once i finished brushing my teeth, i made my way back to the bedroom, where duff was sitting on his make shift bed on the floor, fiddling with his thumbs.

'hey, how are you feeling?' he asks, noticing that i've made my way into the room. i give him a defeated look, causing him to chuckle a little in response.

'did you want me to get you some more painkillers? i don't have any left in here but the main bathroom will have some.' duff tells me, getting to his feet and making his way out of the doorway, presumably to get me some painkillers.

as he walked out the door, i couldn't help but notice his body as he walked out the door. it was mid june, so it was already quite warm, and duff didn't have anything but a small fan to cool his room down, so his chest was bare, and he was wearing plaid pyjama pants. he was extremely tall, and super skinny, yet he was faintly toned. he was lightly tanned, and had blonde hair, which was barely noticeable, all down his arms.

'like what you see?' he smirks, coming back into his room holding a box of tylenol. catching myself, i quickly look at a poster of sid vicious, the bassist of sex pistols, and choke out a response.

'sorry, i was staring into space i didn't mean to check you out or anything.' i say, a blush creeping onto my face as i nervously chuckle. luckily this room was poorly lit, because i did not need duff looking at my clearly flustered expression on my face.