Stressed Enid

"You remember the night when you blew me off?" Enid suddenly asked, turning her head to look at Ajax. "Yeah?" "The next day. About that car at the conservatory. I was the one who sliced open the car and totally damaged one tire." Ajax looked surprised. "So it was you! I did feel weird about it. Since you seemed to be the only one there at that moment." Enid laughed and shook her head. "I was frustrated. You don't know how I felt. It was so crazy. Standing their by myself." She gulped and cupped her hot coco. "I was so stressed at that time. I...My mom, she wanted me to be able to wolf-out. That was so hard at the moment. It felt like nobody in the world cared about me. I didn't know Wednesday well enough at that moment. I was telling everyone Wednesday wasn't weird. I did so many things to be her friend. I thought she wasn't responding me. I though she didn't like me." Enid reached out for the marshmallows. Ajax stared at her intently. Enid tilted her head to look at him.

"My mom didn't need a daughter who couldn't wolf-out. My brothers were hundreds of times better than me. Wednesday didn't need a wimp who was always dragging behind her. I couldn't move at my own pace. I was stuck there while everything around me moved on. At that antique shop, when you asked me out, I finally felt like someone would come out for me. I was someone that someone else cared about. It made me feel special. A cute, maybe clueless idiotic boy that I have crush on, actually asking me out." Ajax helped Enid stir the hot chocolate. She was looking straight into his eyes. "But that night, when I waited for you for hours, I felt heartbroken. I had prepared for such a longtime. But you didn't come to see me." Her voice was trembling slightly. "I'm sorry." Ajax whispered, cupping her hands. "It's okay. I know it was an accident. It's just, the pressure got to me. "

"At the Rave 'N, Lucas and I went together. I wanted to make you jealous." Enid said quietly. "You succeeded." Ajax sat back in his chair and smiled at Enid. "I was jealous. I was so blaming myself for not explaining the incident well enough to you. It was such a bummer." Enid half grinned. "I saw you with that girl. My mind exploded. You might be idiotic and clueless but you are cute and popular. You didn't need to like me. You didn't know how much I liked you. Maybe you didn't really want to ask me out. You were just following the atmosphere. It just felt like you weren't caring, simply not explaining and bring another girl, you know? I was...freaking out. I was on the verge of crying." Enid sniffed. "I badly wanted somebody to approve me. To tell me I was special and strong. To tell me I was wanted. I couldn't speak to my mother about how I was feeling about all the stuff. I was afraid she wouldn't understand and she would just blame it all on me again." She put her head down on Ajax's shoulder. He reached out and squeezed her hand. "I'm here for you now. If you wanna talk, you know... But you don't have to feel stressed about it! I...I don't mean to pry or something..." "I get it, you idiot." Enid smiled and wiped her eyes with her sleeves. "I'm so glad that you're here for me like this. It felt good when you stood out for me. At least somebody cares." Her voice was beginning to get quiet. Ajax could tell she was getting sleepy. "I wish I can tell my mom how I feel..." She mumbled before falling asleep. "You will be able to. I promise." Ajax whispered, tucking the lock of white hair behind her ear. He looked up at the sky and cuddled Enid close. "I'm glad I have you, too. Thank you for being my girl." He knew she couldn't hear it, but this is what he wanted to say to her. "I love you."