Head Over Heels

The year was 1589, the war of the three Henrys was still going on. The assassination of French King Henry III by friar Jacques Clément had just happened a few weeks ago. 

Perla was the ruler of Spain, one of the most powerful countries at the time. (Mexico was Nueva España during this time I'm sorry Perla ;-;) 

Kelsey was the ruler of England. 

The war they were fighting in was never truly declared, but it was still happening because they were petty as hell and commercial rivalry. Anyway!

476 ships stood out in the middle of the ocean, bombs flying back and forth between the two sides. 

Kelsey climbs down a ladder on her ship and rides a dingy to the opposite side.

Perla lets down a rope and pulls her up onto her ship. They embrace in a tearful hug.

"Lets stop this fighting Kelsey, I cannot stop thinking about you."

Perla lifts Kelseys head and connects their foreheads, temple to temple.

"King Henry will not allow it, he's strict on his ways Perla."

Kelsey holds her face and tilts her head to the side, looking at Perlas lips.

"Kelsey.. just this once, okay? Don't leave me again until the bombs stop.."

Perla and Kelsey kiss, letting the sounds of the explosions and screams fade away into white noise.

Suddenly, the ship shakes VIOLENTLY, throwing Perla and Kelsey around the ship. They both run outside to see what happened, only to see that a giant kraken had risen from the ocean, throwing people off the ship. 

"Perla, what do we do?!"

Kelsey holds her hand and looks at her, petrified.

"I don't know if there's anything we can do mi amor.."

Perla looked at her one last time with love in her eyes before the kraken dragged the ship under the water, dragging Kelsey and Perla under the depths of the ocean to be in a watery grave for the rest of eternity. They spent the rest of their lives in David Bowie heaven. 

The End