Chapter 10

Elsa took Jack's hand and stood up. The two smiled shyly. Suddenly, Elsa slapped Jack on the cheek. "Ah!" he exclaimed, holding his cheek, his eyes wide. "Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! I just wanted to make sure you were real!" Jack nodded slowly, his eyes still wide. "Yea, yea, I'm real." Elsa nodded slowly. "You're ok?" "Yea, I'm ok." he responded. "Ok, good." Elsa said before she slapped him again. "Gah!" Jack exclaimed. "And that's for leaving us! What gave you the notion that it was a good idea to just leave like we were nothing?! I thought we were friends!" Elsa yelled. "We are! But...I thought you didn't like me..." Jack spoke sadly. "Didn't like you?!" Elsa exclaimed. "Jack, I love you!" she clapped her hands over her mouth in realization. Jack stared in shock as her words rang in his mind. "What?" he asked softly. "B-but...You avoided me...Ignored me.." "I know, and...I'm sorry...I just wasn't sure if I was ready for this kind of love..." "What do you mean?" Jack asked. "I'll explain later..." Elsa said softly. Jack nodded and approached her, taking her hands in his. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, feeling a little nervous. "Elsa, I love you too...I forgive you...And, if you'll have me, I'd like you to be my girlfriend..." Elsa gasped, her eyes wide, tears of joy forming in her eyes. "Yes, Jack! I'll be your girlfriend!" Jack smiled brightly at her and the two hugged each other tightly.

 When the two returned to the palace, everyone was surprised to see Jack Frost. "Jack?" Kristoff asked. "That's me." Jack stated with a shrug. "So, why'd you come back? Did you forget something?" "Well, yes. I forgot the love of my life." Jack replied, putting his arm around Elsa. Hans stood nearby, kinda glad Jack had returned. He held a straight face as Jack and Elsa spoke to the king and queen. "I wanted to ask your blessing on our dating, your highness." "Oh my goodness, of course you have my blessing!" Anna squealed excitedly. "See, honey? I told you! I can't believe it worked!" She hugged Kristoff tightly in excitement. "Anna, what did you actually do?" Kristoff asked, Jack and Elsa staring at her, a little confused. "Oh nothing. But you know what I mean," Anna replied with a carefree gesture of her hand.

 While Jack spoke with Anna and Kristoff, Elsa by his side, Hans smirked. "Now we don't have to kidnap Elsa." Hans frowned suddenly. "Why don't I want to kidnap her....? She was part of the reason I failed in taking Arandelle's throne! But.....Do I still want the throne...?" 

 That night, Prince Hans was to meet Pitch Black. Pitch emerged from the shadows and looked at Hans. "You seem amused, Prince Hans. What is it that makes you so happy?" he asked. "Jack Frost has returned. He and Elsa have gotten together. I will have that staff soon. I promise you that. Unless something unexpected happens again...." the prince declared firmly. Pitch smiled wickedly. "Good. I shall await your return with Frost's staff. Don't disappoint me this time, Prince Hans." Pitch said threateningly before leaving. Hans gulped nervously. "Y-you don't have to worry!" he called out. "I will not fail you!" As Hans walked back to the palace, he thought, "I hope..."

 *The Next Day*

 Hans and Honeymaren were spending some time together. Hans noticed Honeymaren was a little quieter than usual. She was often zoned out and her face was a little red. Hans wondered if she was sunburned or something. The two were sitting on a bench under a tree when Hans finally decided to ask if something was bothering her. "Honeymaren," Hans spoke up, "You seem a little tense today. Is everything ok?" Honeymaren took a deep breath and looked at Hans. "Well, nothing is wrong...But, I do have something I really need to tell you..." "Ok? What is it?" "Well, I....I....I kinda really like you!" she spoke quickly. Hans stared at her for a moment, speechless, his eyes wide. He then looked down at the ground, deep in thought. "I-I should go...See you later, Prince Hans..." Honeymaren spoke up before getting up and leaving. Hans looked up and watched her retreating figure leave. He sighed sadly. "What am I supposed to do?" Hans thought, looking down at the ground.