Chapter 2

The trip to the camp took about 4 hours.

I don't understand why my parents didn't choose one closer to home but they "want me to have fun at the best camp."

When we pulled up, I saw a huge colorful sign that said "CAMP UNDERSHINE"

Oh, great.

Kids my age, maybe younger, we're running around with water guns shooting at each other.

"Does this place have a curfew?" I asked while getting my bags out of the car.

"I don't know Emily. Why don't you go ask them?" My mom pointed to a camp counsler by one of the cabins.

I start walking up to the woman when some 12 year old kid shot my stomach with the water gun.

I snatch the water gun out of his hands and shoot him straight in the face, ticked off that he just got my shirt wet. He starts coughing and runs away back to his friends.

The counsler notices me and jogs up to me.
"Hi! You must be Emily. We are so glad to have you here to spend summer camp with us!" She excitedly hugs me and I try not to squirm out of her grip.

"Thank you. I, uh, have some questions about schedules and what not-"

"Okay! That young man over there has all of the information you need," she gestures to a boy sitting at a table on the other side of the camp. I can't see his face, only his curly hair.

I thank her and start walking up to the table.

I tap him on the shoulder, about to ask him about the schedule. He turns around with a phone in his hand and he looks at me strange at first but then his eyes widen. I don't know why.

His piercing green eyes were making me uncomfortable yet turned on at the same time. I noticed he had a dimple on his cheek.

"Are you new here?" He asked. Oh god, he was British. This just made him 10 times more attractive.

"Uh, yah I am. I wanted to ask you about the schedules here." I was proud I sounded somewhat confident.

"Oh, Okay." He hands me a small book. "This has all of the information about the camp. And yes, we do have a curfew." He smirks at the last sentence. God his smile was so beautiful.

I give him a curious look while smiling with him."How did you know I was gonna ask that?" I say.

"Usually all pretty girls do. I'm Harry, by the way." He hold his hand out to shake. My heart fluttered when he called me pretty and I hope he didn't notice the expression on my face.

"Emily," I grab his hand to shake. His eyebrows go up.

"You have really soft hands Emily." He stops and his cheeks turn red. I'm assuming he didn't mean to say that. Although I'm glad he did.

"Why, thank you Harry." I pull my bag up my shoulder when my mom comes over. Oh no.

"Hi, I'm sorry to ask but do you have any toothpaste here?" She asks.

Oh my god mom.

"Yes, we have toothpaste here," Harry says while laughing.

"Oh thank god. Okay. Well keep an eye out here on Emily, we all know she needs it." she says while elbowing Harry.

"I can assure you I will." He winks at me.

He actually winked at me.

"Thank you! Okay I love you sweetie. Call me everyday and tell me the hot gossip," my mom laughs. I groan but laugh from the teenage grammar she tried to use.

We say our goodbyes and I'm left standing with harry again.

"Well, Harry, I hope to see you around soon." I say while walking away.

"You should come to the bonfire tonight. It's like a beginning of summer party." He smile at me. It's like his green eyes are staring into my soul. He starts to take his red plaid jacket off, only to reveal his arms. His muscles looked like they were carved by the gods.

I almost started drooling there on the spot and he seemed satisfied with the reaction, laughing.

"Yah, okay. See you then." I meant to say that to him but I was just staring at his muscles the whole time.

When I got to my cabin, I could still see Harrys table. I sneaked a glance, only to see he was already staring at me. He was smiling at me and looked away, embarrassed.

I had no idea how this summer was gonna end up.