Chapter Four: Secrets Between Us

It had started out as a simple morning for Rhaenyra. She'd woken up, calmed Aegon after his daily tantrum about the world being the way it was, allowed Luke and Rhaena to watch Joffrey and Viserys (that couldn't be bad right?) and kissed Jace off when he went exploring the more forbidden parts of the castle with Baela. As future Prince and Princess of Dragonstone the two were always on the move, trying to learn as much as they can to improve the Seven Kingdoms when they would eventually rule together. 

The problem arose after she'd eaten breakfast with Daemon, her husband was going to spend time with her Father, doing what, she didn't really want to know. It was only when she realized she lacked the smart-mouth of who Aemond referred to as her copycat, had she begun to worry. The boys were all taken care of, so where was her sweet girl? Since her father would be occupied that day, she could perhaps spend some time with Visenya, learn more about her daughter's adventures in the North; only her only Princess was nowhere to be found.

Rhaenyra had waddled her way down to the garden, no Visenya. The library, no Visenya. The other garden where they'd had a wonderful brunch a few days before, no Visenya. There was Luke and Rhaena and Joff and Viserys, but no sweet girl. The kitchen, no Visenya. Her chambers, no Visenya. The training yard, no Visenya. Rhaenyra was beginning to get frantic now and she wondered briefly if her girl inherited her stubbornness and flew to Dragonstone once again. 

She'd bumped into Alicent on her way to the Dragon keep. The woman looked just as frantic as he did and Rhaenyra wondered if Helaena was missing too.

"Are you looking for Helaena?"

"No Aemond, wouldn't have happened to see him this morning have you?" her somewhat friend sighed, "He was supposed to be watching the twins so I could spend time with Helaena."

"Afraid not, however I can't seem to find Visenya."

"How much you want to bet they're together?"

"Not a lot." Rhaenyra smiled and Alicent chuckled, she invited Alicent to join her as she walked hoping to find answers. As they neared outside, they could make out the cheers and praises of a few of the townsfolk and noblemen on the rarest of occasions they found themselves in each other's company. 

Finally the two women made it outside the castle where the crowds had gathered just in time to hear the roar of a Dragon. Not just any Dragon, the Queen of Dragons. 

Aemond was on Vhagar and beside him rode Visenya on Tessarion. The two were racing across Blackwater Bay coming towards Kingslanding from Dragonstone. So her sweet, devious girl was up to chaos as usual. 

Even though they were far from the city, many onlookers still gathered to see the two, it was not everyday the Targaryens took their Dragons for joyrides. Watching them in the sky, Rhaenyra longed to join on Syrax.

"Don't even think about it," Alicent muttered to her, "You're pregnant." 

"Stop reminding me," Rhaenyra grumbled. For the past few days, Alicent seemed to dote on Rhaenyra as if she were to bear her child and not her husband's. Quite the scandal that would be too, the Crown Princess giving birth to the Queen's daughter, the people might claim sorcery. 

Vhagar's roar snapped her out of her silly thoughts and she followed everyone's gaze to the sky once again. While Vhagar was larger, Tessarion was swifter, if it were a competitive race, which seemed to be the case, Tessarion would win seeing as she was far closer to Kingslanding than Vhagar, much to her rider's delight. She could hear Visenya's laughter being carried from the air straight to her ears, her daughter had her head thrown back in consistent giggles as she neared the castle. Vhagar was now not so far behind, flapping her wings madly, the sound similar to thunder and her roar seeming to vibrate everyone's bones.