✿ 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟬 : 𝗦𝗵𝗶𝗸𝗶𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗶 ✿

"W-Who are you?"

The stranger of a man floating in front of her added more beats to her heart, unable to understand what exactly it is she's seeing in front of her. Her eyes scanned the area around, the same old trees surrounded them with the ground engulfed in darkness, remaining unseen to her eyes.

She heard the boy landing softly on the branch just in front of her, eyes scanning her whole being, stepping one step closer every time. Shizuku moved backwards in fear of what he might do to her. She let out a squeak when the boy's face was only a few inches away from hers, his hand placed on the tree she had her back pinned to. Finally having a chance to look at his closely, Shizuku noticed ancient writings circling inside his golden orbs.

Seeming to be satisfied of what he had seen, the boy backed away and gently sat in front of her. "As I've thought," he paused, looking at her seriously, "You are not my master."

Confusion clouded Shizuku's mind again. Just how weirder is her dream going to get. From how long it is, it doesn't seem that she'll wake up soon. The least she could do is follow along, judging from how the male didn't touch even a strand of her hair, meant that she's currently safe with this person.

"You have the same face, the same voice, same clothes but your eyes are different from my beloved master." he followed, crossing his arms and closed his eyes. "What did you do to her?" the man's sudden glare filled with bloodlust sent shivers down Shizuku's spine.

Her already shaking hands, trembled even harder, "I-I haven't done anything to anyone." she managed to let out calmly, wishing hard that she won't be killed. However, maybe dying is exactly what she needed to do to wake up. She balled up her fist and faced the man.

"I do not know who you are but if you do know who I am, or at least who I am in this dream, then I would like to ask for your help." Shizuku bit her lip, hoping that her plea would be heard and granted. Looking at the stoic expression on the stranger's face, she wasn't sure if he'd even believe her.

"You-"

A sudden gush of strong wind interrupted, pushing the ravenette to lose her balance and fell off the branch she sat on. Her hand reached out to the blonde male, quietly looking at her as she made her way down the tree. But then, falling down and dying would wake her up. Shizuku closed her eyes, bracing herself for the impact and awaiting to wake up in the real world.

Having to fall on a soft material, her immediate instinct was to open her eyes and get out of the bed. However, instead of being greeted by the four cornered room she had, pitch black filled her vision. Cold air blowing on her cheeks. Her eyes fell on the soft feeling her whole body fell onto, and it was, "A cloud? How is this even possible?" she asked out.

The fluffy cloud emitted a soft purple light, and she immediately knew that it was that mysterious man's doing. She helped herself up. pulling the extremely long and heavy sleeves on her clothes up to her shoulders repeatedly as it slipped back down. "Why did you save me? I didn't ask for you to save me!" Frustrated again, Shizuku stomped on the ground, making a mess out of her hair.

It didn't take long before the blonde male appeared again in front of her, closing the fan he held in his hand. "Even though you're not my master, that is still her body. Even if I didn't want to save you, I couldn't let my master's body get hurt." he explained.

"You should've let me die! That way I can get out of this dream!" she screamed, angry at the man. Realizing what she just did, and seeing the cold look on the blonde's face, Shizuku covered her mouth.

Brow-raised, the man leaned closer to her, "Dream?"

"Y-Yes. You see this is just a dream I usually have, but for some reason I can't wake up now. "

A spark of interest urged a smile from the blonde, "I see." he slightly bowed his head. "I am Hibiki. I am one of Shizue-sama's shikigami."

"My name's Shizuku."

"Clearly you are not my master, Shizuku, and until I have found her, I must protect you who is in her body."

"Shizue? Who is she?"

"The current leader of the Yamanobe Family, direct descendants of the most powerful sorcerer, the priestess of the moon. Yamanobe Shizue." Hibiki replied, restlessly looking around. He offered a hand to help the ravenette to get up. "We must hurry."

Accepting his Shizuku got up to her feet and looked around too, "You just said you have to protect me. From what exactly? Are there large animals living in this forest? Monsters?" As soon as she said that a loud howl resounded in the forest.

Hibiki immediately carried her and scurried through the forest in an inhuman speed. Shizuku who wrapped her frightened arms around the blonde, barely managing to open her eyes. She immediately regretted even trying to open it, because in the dark distance, between the trees, bright golden lights scattered.

'Are those fireflies?'

She squinted her eyes and was horrified upon realizing what those were. "H-Hibiki? Are those eyes I'm seeing?"

"Yes."

"Eyes of what exactly?"

"Foxes."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝗙𝗢𝗫 𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗘『𝗸𝗶𝘁𝗮 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘂𝗸𝗲 𝘅 𝗼𝗰』 🎉