Of Children and Cold coffee

"SHE IS LATE!!" The pixie called Laveda tittered, flying in circles around her chair.

"And far too late to be fashionably late." The angel, Keeley, sighed irritably, fanning herself with her wings.

"Maybe she fell down a hole. Coffee, Vassar?" The broadly grinning daemon, Jezebel, chirped brightly. Her servant, Vassar, gave her a cup of coffee grudgingly and she patted him on the head.

Suddenly, the door to the Council swung open and the devil entered, grinning a grin full of sharp teeth. Before Desimonda the devil could say something, an annoyed voice rang out. "This is the fourth time you've been late!" The water bender, Sevan, crowed, slamming her hands down on the desk, causing Keeley's glass of water to splash up in her face.

The devil smiled kindly as Keeley squealed, her mascara running down her face. "I'm sorry, I got held up helping more of those pathetic children." She sneered and the entire council snickered. The devil's disguise in the world called Earth was a sponsor. She could only appear on Earth for limited times, considering it was against the Law for Desimonda to appear there. Desimonda, however, did not know that the job involved working with children, and incinerating them would simply entail far too much paperwork. "Anyway, the ghost is late, too, why aren't you complaining about her?" Desimonda complained.

"Because we don't like you." Keegan Black, a daemon child, said with a twinge of mischievousness in his voice. Jezebel nodded approvingly in his direction, as if to say good apprentice and he sat up a little straighter, his ego boosted.

Desimonda's eye twitched, an unfortunate habit of hers whenever she got irritated. "Fine. But now we have to wait for that ghost. Where is she, anyway?" She snarled, swinging her head around the room, her forked tail lashing.

"In her seat, waiting for the devil to shut up." The ghost in question, Ebony Dusk, said calmly, the side of her mouth curling up in a smile, her hat shading her eyes.

Desimonda looked like she was ready to explode. "FINE." She snapped and took her place at the podium in the bottom of the room. "Any problems that anyone has heard about?"

"The filth of this room." Keeley muttered, reapplying her makeup.

Desimonda's eye twitched again. Jezebel snickered, filing her nails with a cleaver, before raising her voice. "Some daemons have been complaining that you haven't been letting them out of our realm to harass people. Myself included. We daemons need to..." Jez trailed off. "What are you doing?"

Desimonda was speaking into her floating cell phone, calling for a snack. "ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?!" Jez roared, throwing her dangerous nail file at the back of Vassar's head. He ducked just in time, the cleaver embedding itself into the desk.

Desimonda finished her call as Jez began spewing fire out her mouth. "No. I don't let unruly daemons such as yourself up into Earth." Desimonda said calmly, pocketing her phone.

"Now she's done it." Avery Lanes the elf muttered as the bottle labeled 'Souls of the Damned' on Keegan's desk began to rattle, responding to Jezebel's anger.