4

My head was rested on his beating chest. The night was in full effect and the chill was shielded as I layed in his arms. His steady breathing soathing any worry my mind could ponder. 

"What's your favorite thing to do?" He spoke effortlessly. 

I shrugged,"Reading, writing, drawing, just the simple things, what about you?"

"I like to sing, actually, and write," He spoke, and I rose from his chest and looked at him, and devious smile dancing on my lips,"Why're you looking at me like that?" His voice had amusement in it. I sat crisscross infront of him and swayed back and forth with a wide smile on my lips.

"Let me hear you sing," I smiled and leaned over and grabbed his hand into mind. Puckering my lips out  giving him puppy dog eyes. 

He shook his head and let out a small chuckle,"I don't like to sing infront of people,"

"Come on! be spontaneous!" I rose my voice and smiled at him and I knew that I finally had gotten him to cave in. 

biting his look he stared at me trying not to smile,"What song do you want me to sing?"

"Whatever song you please," I leaned over a kissed his cheek sloppily,"I'll like it no matter what,"

"Do you like look after you by the Fray?"

I nodded,"Love it,"

He coughed and prepeared himself before his voice was soft but lovely sang the lyrics that i've grown to love,"If I don't say this now I will surely break

As I'm leaving the one I want to take

Forget the urgency but hurry up and wait

My heart has started to separate,"

His breath inhaled,Oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh

Be my baby

Oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh

Be my baby, I'll look after you "

   "Holy shit Louis! That was absolutely beautiful!" I jumped from my once sitting position and wrapped my arms around his neck,"I loved it." I stayed there, not wanting to move. Realizing just how infinite I felt in the safety of his tanned arms. I breathed in his minty scent and all in all felt right. 

"I don't want to go to school tomorrow," I whispered into his neck.

He gripped me tighter,"It's going to be okay,"

"No body likes me there," 

With my words he pulled me away from him, but still kept a grip on me,"I like you,"

I smiled and let out a minor chuckle,"But you have to act like you don't,"

His lips curved downward and his eyebrow stiffened,"I can just tutor you?"

"You know, it would be my tragic story, teen girl falls for her teacher, As lovely as I think that would be, I think people would catch on, and my mum saw the way I was smiling when I came in the other nig-"

His arms loosed around me as he repositioned my body to face him,"Why exactl were you smiling?" His voice was teasing, but my cheeks decided to beat,"Because for the first time in a really long time I felt really really happy."

"Why'd he leave?"  At first his voice seemed hesitant as if he was nervous of hitting a sensitive spot in my life. But it wasn't all too sensitive anymore, it was numb talking about it anymore. It didn't hurt it felt bland. 

I snuggled closer into his chest using his warmth to keep me from catching a cold,"The usual story, the new girlfriend with fake breasts who's quite frankly a gold digger,"

He hugged me tighter,"My dad left too, My Mum was distraught, It was hard growing up with four little sisters. For a while she was frozen, she didn't want to feel, she didn't want to move. I raised my sisters for a few months, because I knew she needed it. I was so angry with my Dad for the longest time, but she fell in love again. Just a few years later,"

"Is she still with him? I bet he's wonderful if he had the power to mend her broken heart,"

He nodded,"About 3 months ago, She passed, cancer, it was hard but he's taking care of my sisters and being more of a father to them than anyone could ever be." I gripped onto his calloused hands tightly as I rubbed my thumb in circles in attempt to sooth him."I'm so sorry,"

"She's still here, I can tell, I know she's looking over me and she would love to meet you, she's adore you," I could feel his smile on the back of my head.

I rolled over a kissed his lips softly,"If she's anything like you I'm sure she was absolutely lovely,"

"That she is,"

All I could think about is how life comes in extraordinary ways, days ago I was alone sitting in a library, little did I know I wasn't exactly alone. The whole time I had never been alone, I had someone there, someone I never noticed, and someone I'm now afraid to lose. How could it be possible that a complete stranger could twist and turn your life into something that you'd never imagined you'd be living.  It was cold and shivers ran up my back, 

"So, When should we face reality?" My scratchy voice broke the silence that was allowing the crickets and cars on the highway take up the sound our ears could hear. 

He shook his head and let out a breath,"What exactly is reality?"

"Reality is that what we're doing isn't allowed,"

His breath hitched,"I don't want to end this," His voice was shakey and filled with doubt. I wanted to say this could all be okay, but I knew it couldn't. Eventually my Mum would want to meet him. 

"I don't think it can...but it has to," 

I pulled out of his grip, and stood up, patting down my dress,"I think I should be getting home,"

"Alice, plea-"

I shook my head and walked towards his car,"I don't want to think anymore,"

His lip turned into a straight line as he nodded his head and followed behind me to his old beat up truck. It's been two days, two days and a goodbye was already going to be painful. How could I have been this idiotic? How could I have allowed myself to fall madly in love with someone in just one afternoon? I've had my walls built up for years and all it took was one measly stranger to come in and fuck everything up.