Welcome to the Black Parade

Frank Iero

  I sat down at the small table Veronica chose while a string quartet played in the background.

  "I like this place." I say.

  "Good. My mom owns this place." She says sipping her tea.

  "What?" I say leaning to her.

  "Yes. My mom owns this restaurant. It has my name in it." She states. "The Veroni. Duh."

  "Can I have your order please?" A waitress asks us. "Oh! Hello Veronica. How are you?"

  "Hey Hailey. This is my friend Hailey Williams." Veronica says. The waitress had pink hair and blue-green eyes. "I'll have my usual and Frank will have..."

  "Um. The pasta, please." I said. She leaves and goes to the kitchen.

  "The pasta?" She asks.

  "I'm half Italian so anything with Italian food is amazing." I answer.

  "I'm half Korean." She says, smiling. "That's why I'm so pale."

  "I thought Asians were tanned." I joke.

  "Stereotypes." She smiles. My phone rings and I answer it, excusing myself.

  "Hello?" I answer.

  "Are you on a date with Veronica?" Mikey asks me.

  "Would you be pissed if I said yes?" I asked.

  "No. I swear." He says. "Shut up Gee!"

  "Yes I am. We're at her mom's restaurant." I say. "Why are you asking?"

  "Because we're trying to stake you guys out and it's kinda hard to do that when we don't know where you are!" Ray yells.

  "I'm hanging up now Mikey. And go home." I say hanging up and walking up to our table.

  "Who was that?" She asked eating her food. It was a chef salad.

  "Mikey and Ray." I answer. "They're trying to stake us out so they wanted to know where we are. Are you okay with that?"

  "Not the first time." She said. "It's a long story."