𝟑| '𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐤'

ANTHEA

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

As I peeked into the room, my eyes widened in surprise. There was Aiden, standing shirtless, talking on the phone. My cheeks instantly flush as I admired the sight in front of me. I've always had a crush on Aiden, ever since we were kids. But I think he never would see me in that way.

But seeing him like this, his muscular arms and defined abs, made my heart skip a beat. I quickly averted my gaze, feeling a wave of embarrassment wash over me. Aiden caught sight of me and smiled, his voice stopping in mid-sentence.

"Hey, Anthea. What are you doing home so early? Shouldn't you be at school?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You still have school," Aiden remarked.

"Jesus, Aiden, put on a shirt," I exclaimed.

Well, this isn't the first time I've seen this man without a shirt. "Sorry, I thought no one would be here," he said, and I heard him grabbing something, probably a shirt.

"You can turn now," I heard him say.

"Okay." When I turned, he was wearing his iconic black shirt. "I just finished it. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at work?" I asked him while taking my shoes off.

Glancing up at the clock, he followed with, "Oh, yeah. The boss let me off early because he was feeling sick."

"Did something happen?" He said, walking toward me. Now he's uncomfortably close; I don't know if I can make it out alive. I feel my cheeks getting heated.

"Earth to Anthea! Are you here?" He waved his hand in front of me. I shook my head a little to snap out of my daydreaming.

I'm embarrassing.

"Hmm, yeah. I just need to go somewhere." While saying that to him, I gestured awkwardly with my thumb behind me and made my way to my room, hoping to conceal the subtle blush on my cheeks. As I walked away, I couldn't help but notice that he smells so good.

Jesus, Anthea you didn't have to be so fucking awkward.

As I collapsed onto my bed, I couldn't believe what had just happened. Aiden had caught me red-handed, admiring him without a shirt on. I couldn't even look him in the eye without feeling flustered.

But as I lay on my bed, I couldn't shake off the way my heart had fluttered at the sight of him. I had always secretly hoped that Aiden would see me as more than. But now, seeing him like that, I knew it was just a silly dream

I shake my head, trying to clear my thoughts, I head straight for a refreshing shower. The school routine always leaves me sweaty.

Taking off Joss's shirt, I toss it into the washing machine, then savor the warmth of the shower.

Afterward, I walk downstairs to find Aiden on the couch, deeply in his dreams. Deciding to cover him with a cozy blanket, he startles me by grabbing my hand. A fleeting moment of surprise.

"Oh, it's you. Sorry." He lets go and peacefully resumes his sleep. I guess he's exhausted. I cover him up, feeling the room getting chilly, and quietly retreat to my room. I don't want to disturb his peaceful rest.

Sitting on the bed, I slowly drift off into a sleep, the events of the evening gently fading away.

■□■□■□■□■□■

I was peacefully sleeping, snuggled under warm blankets when I felt someone shaking me awake. Groggily, I opened my eyes to find Aiden standing next to my bed, wearing a mischievous grin.