Ch. 33: What is mine, is mine

Ava was engrossed in Beatrice's gaze and focus as they continued to dance in the center of the dance floor. She was losing herself in their own universe because she was only paying attention to the older female. They move to the music as it sings about emotions they are unable to even put into words.

Ava occasionally felt Beatrice's arm supporting her since the elder girl could feel that Beatrice was keeping her from falling after nearly tripping twice. All Ava could feel was herself melting in Beatrice's arms; she had no idea what she was experiencing, but the way Beatrice was looking at her at the moment made her move closer, and the two of them sealed the deal with a kiss.

Ava closed her eyes and laid her head on Beatrice's left shoulder as they gently moved around the dance floor. Ava had been planning to kiss Beatrice when she was caught off guard. Before announcing the food they had prepared for the remainder, more announcements waited until the music stopped and everyone began clapping.

Beatrice was proud and anxious at the same time because even though they were so close, she still felt like she was on cloud nine and was attempting to come down. Ava and Beatrice were holding hands and couldn't think of a reason to let go. After the dance is through, they grab a drink, and Beatrice was surprised to see Ava start talking to different people in the group. She knew the alcohol was starting to take effect, which was why Ava was acting differently.

Ava then started laughing with another group of individuals and was speaking to a man who was a little older than her. Beatrice then needed to interact with some potential partners for her parents' business and soon to work with her for a few years. Beatrice noted that the man was becoming more affectionate and flirtatious with Ava. Her mood abruptly altered as she felt the man's soiled hands brush Ava's lower back. She cut up her conversation and went over to where Ava was sitting at the table.

"Mr. Yale. I prefer you not touching something that doesn't belong to you." Beatrice spoke, making everyone at the table stop talking. The male suddenly stopped and looked down at the floor, did not even try to look up but mumbled an apology

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't know..." He tried to reason out only for Beatrice to bring him down again.

"You shouldn't approach and flirt with women like that, you are touching them without their consent. That's not very nice." Beatrice spoke again.

"Bea..." Ava called her name to distract her from humiliating the person.

"Let's head back to the VIP." Beatrice said. She led Ava upstairs back to their VIP room where the two didn't say a word right away, Ava was silent. Beatrice was a little furious because she didn't like how Yale did that to Ava.

"Here, stick with the sodas for now. You were drinking too much earlier." Beatrice said, offering Ava the soda can. Ava pouted at her but took the soda from Beatrice's hand and started drinking the soda.

"Just stay here for a bit, I have to deal with more people because my mother told me so." Beatrice added.

"You better not leave me alone for too long, I don't like being far away from you." Ava whined.

"You're such a kid." Beatrice said with a soft smile and left a kiss on Ava's head before leaving her alone in the room.

Beatrice reconnected with a few attendees she had previously encountered at occasions she had attended with her parents. She had generally retained their names and had noted which attendees she would most like to collaborate with in the future and which she would prefer to avoid doing so. After 10 glasses of wine, she began to feel a little lightheaded. She set the glass down and checked her phone for any developments. She found texts from colleges and from Luna, who was still complaining about the previous jobs she had taken.