Chapter Two

5,034,038,022 BC

OCTOBER 18TH

05:21 AM

EROS HOUSEHOLD

OLYMPIA

"NO!" I screamed waking up suddenly...

I was breathing quickly, gasping for air and my body was covered in a thick layer of sweat... I had never experienced my heart beating so fast, it felt as if it was trying to escape out of my chest and gave me the sensation of running a marathon... Although I had never run a marathon, there was a high chance that my memory of that moment is slightly exaggerated.

The longer I experienced the dream the more real it was starting to feel, it left me wondering if it was possible to know the feeling of death without actually dying. I mean, I had come across mortals explaining the feelings of a near-death experience, I knew the concept of what it was to die and even learned about the many different ideas of where you are to go once you are to pass on... But they were just ideas, fictionalized stories created by lower races to help them cope with their own mortality. My favourite is that they believed that your physical form would break down until the vessel is no longer viable and your soul will travel to a place known as Heaven. Heaven was believed to be a place of bliss, a place where you get the peace and happiness that you worked towards when alive. I suppose you could say Olympia is the closest thing to Heaven... Though I do assure you that my people would not allow lesser races to run wild around the city, not even if it was seemingly well deserved.

As Varrians or Gods, our physical bodies could have become damaged, when that happened, a lesser god was assigned to remove the soul from the broken vessel and place it inside of another form. Of course, over the years my people were able to refine the process, finding safer ways to perform the transition, and removing some of the more barbaric or painful steps... Now Varrians are dependent on it, their confidence in their life and work simply comes from the idea that they can never truly die. At such a young age I had not been through the process and did not know just how painful it could be, I was a little naive in my younger years...

I paused for a moment... I clutched at my chest knowing that it would not do anything to help, I needed to slow my breathing. I felt like I was unable to move as if a part of me refused to let me proceed until I had somehow stopped feeling such overpowering emotions. I sat up in my bed and started to contemplate, what if the dreams were premonitions of what was still to come? I was not the most skilled when it came to explaining the powers of the mind, but that blank page in my book of knowledge made me envious of knowing more. If my dream was a vision into the future, then I had to ask myself a few questions about what I could do with the information...

I thought to myself are these events something that I could prevent. The Gods are beings of creation, order, power, and guidance, shaping other races both literally and figuratively into something that is worth their monitoring. My people bend time, and create parallel versions, surely a vision of the end could be prevented if we knew where and when it was to be. Though I must admit that things don't always go as planned... I mean look at the platypus.

I decided the best thing to do to help with the current state of my mind was to sit on the floor with my legs crossed and meditate so that I could easily keep my mind cantered and think more clearly. I was also trying to avoid my father realising that I was still having the dream or vision of the future. I breathed in, then out, and trying to think of things that made me happy, made me feel safe...

My Friends...

My Father...

Pastries...

Do not mock pastries until you have tried mine...