Part 1

(Voldemorts POV)

I stepped over the stunned body of Lily Potter and looked at two cribs, each one holding a baby boy. 

One side of the room was painted red and gold and the crib was red with stickers of Quidditch players and brooms everywhere. 

It held a fat, bawling baby, with straight, dull red hair lying flat on his forehead with muddy brown eyes. 

There were posters of Quidditch things, a giant plastic tub with racing cars, dinosaurs, and Quidditch figurines inside. 

There was also a signed Silver Arrow broomstick leaning against the wall.

Meanwhile, the other crib was polished oak with baby blue paint streaks on the small cot. 

There was a bookshelf chock-full of wizarding and muggle fairy tales, jigsaw puzzles, a junior broom caring kit, and a sticker puzzle book. 

There was also a Silver Arrow there, but it was in its case and looked used but better cared for. 

There were several pot plants and his side of the room was painted a light, forest green. 

He had emerald green eyes and jet-black tufts of hair on his head with barely any baby fat.

 I could hardly sense a magical aura from the crying one, but I could feel the other boy's aura pulsing throughout the room, creating a magical shield around his brother.

 I knew that this was the one who was destined to kill me, so I aimed and shouted the most dreaded words in all of Wizarding Britain:

"AVADA KEDAVRA!"