Drowning- B.L.

You finally had a day off of work during the summer. It was in about a week. You just wanted to relax, but your boyfriend had been bothering you for months about going to the beach with him and his friends. It would be your first time meeting his friends, so you had continued to make excuses between college and work. You felt guilty for constantly avoiding to do something that clearly meant so much to him. He also had some time off this summer, so you decided to call him. He picked up before you could change your mind.

"Hey, babe. What's up?" He spoke, and you knew that you had screwed yourself with this one. You took a deep breath before answering.

"I have a day off next week. Tuesday. If you guys are off, I'd like to go to the beach for a day with you and your friends."

"Are you serious? I'll tell the guys! I can't wait!" He sounded as excited as he could for how tired he clearly was.

"Tell us what?" You heard from Brian's side.

"My girlfriend said she wants to go to the beach with us next Tuesday!" Brian said excitedly to... whoever it was.

"Nice. Tell her we're excited."

"I heard that, say thanks and I am too for me, Brian." You stated and he repeated your message to the guys.

"Anyways, I've gotta go, we have a show at a water park this afternoon." Brian told you. You nodded despite the fact that he couldn't see you.

"Okay, good luck, babe. Bye." You responded.

"Bye." He hung up, and you were to worry about next Tuesday.

(Time skip to next Tuesday)

You woke up at 9 am that morning. You got up, ate, brushed your teeth, got on your bathing suit, pulled a skirt and t-shirt over the bathing suit, and started packing a beach bag. By the time you finished, you peeked out your window and saw the Bleeding Banana on the curb, waiting for you. You grabbed the bag and your key, then left, walking over to the truck. Brian rolled down his window and smiled at you.

"Hey, babe, I wasn't supposed to bring food, was I?" Were the first words out of your mouth. He pouted.

"No, but that's the first thing that you wanna say to me? No, 'hey, Brian, I missed you, I love you so much.' I don't even get a kiss." You laughed, opening the passenger's seat door.

"Well, of course I missed you, and yes, I love you. But I was worried about not having food with me." You spoke, sitting down and closing the door. You leaned over to kiss his cheek. He smiled and started driving to the beach.

"The guys decided to meet us there." Brian told you.

When you arrived there, the two of you grabbed your stuff. Brian pointed to a group of four guys who were unpacking their stuff. You both walked over to them. The youngest, who had blonde hair, pale skin, and blue eyes, looked at us with a gleam in his eyes.

"You must be Y/N, Brian hasn't shut up about you all week." He said, and Brian shoved him playfully. "I'm Nick, Brian's best friend." You chuckled.

"I'm AJ, and how did you get so lucky, Brian?" Says the one with brown hair, brown eyes, and blue swimming trunks.

"I'm Kevin, Brian's cousin." Says the tall one with green eyes.

"And I'm Howie." Says the other brown haired guy.

"Hey, nice to meet y'all, I've heard quite a bit about you guys too." You said, setting your bag down. The guys started pulling their shirts off to get ready to swim. You pulled off your shirt and skirt. When looked up from setting them on your bag, you saw Brian staring at you and he gave a cheeky smile.

"Are we all ready?" Kevin asked and we all nodded. We walked to the edge and you walked straight in, no hesitation. When you noticed no one was next to you, you turned around and saw the guys only a few steps into the water.

"How are you managing? It's freezing!" Howie complained.

After a few minutes, the guys had come out and you were splashing each other while treading water. You were pretty far out. Suddenly, you felt something pull on your legs and you went under. You were flailing wildly trying to get back up, but you couldn't even after whatever had pulled you down let go. A pair of strong arms surrounded you and pulled you up. You gasped for air, spitting water out.

As it turns out, Nick had played a prank on you, not knowing you would panic so much. Brian pulled you up. Nick apologized, and you had to forgive him. He didn't mean any harm.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Brian asked you again. "You almost drowned." You shrugged that off, grinning.

"I practically do every day. Think of it as me drowning in your love." You said and he laughed, then rolled his eyes.

"You're so corny." He said, kissing your forehead.

"So is my vegetable joke." You responded, earning yourself a sigh, two eye rolls, and two facepalms.

---------------------------------------------------

I was literally listening to this song and just decided 'I should write an imagine about this.' So here it is. Enjoy.