Chapter 2

I could get killed

Haunted

Possessed

Raped

Ect.

* * *

My head aches as my teacher mumbles. The bell rings loud in my ears, it hurts.

"Caira!" My friend comes rushing up to me.

"Hm?" I say turning around. It's April, her black hair is in a pony tail and her one blind eye stated in to space.

"So, how the party go last night?" She asked.

"Don't ask." I say opening my locker trying to hide my face.

"Oh, ok." She smiles at me with one eye.

April got blind in one eye due to her father, he was drinking and driving and when they got in the crash a glass went threw Aprils left eye.

"Oh so I'm having a party with pizza and and we're going to do like challenges like Charlie Charlie challenge and like um cinnamon challenge and and and-" I cut her off

"April I love you but, this is your first party your throwing. I don't think anyone is going to come." I say closing my locker seeing her frown.

"I know, I'm trying to hard." She says walking away. Her heels click on the bright floor. I turn back around and head outside, the buses line up waiting for the students. I shuffle my feet across the street and threw an Ally and arrive at my small town house. The lights in my room are off and so are all the other lights. I sit down on the steps waiting for my room to come home and turn the lights on. My stomach twists and turns as I wait and wait. A blue jeep pulls up in the drive way, Mom. I rush over to her and hug her.

"Mom you werent home. So I waited because I thought somthing was wrong." I say looking down at her.

"They held my work back late. But im here now." She says getting out. I follow her inside and the lights turn on. I skip around the house and in the kitchen as she opens the fridge, something was wrong. Her face had no expression, she never ate after work.

"I'm not hungry." I say sitting on a chair.

"It's not for you." She spat.

I perk my head up,

"Who?" I say putting my elbows on the table

"Scarlet." My mom states.

Scarlet.

That name haunts me, my sister. The memories haunt me, I get goose bumps all over my body.

"Mom she dead." I say choking on my words.

"She's right here." She says looking at me. For a minute I'm confused, what's going on? I get up and go to her, our noses are almost touching.

"MOM SHE DEAD!" I yell making myself clear.

For a moment she stands there, not saying anything. Her eyes glued on me, I stare at her as she clenches her jaw tight. I can't take it. I open the door and leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<<~

I walk fast down the sidewalk. I don't dare turn around, I know that's not my mom. Wait what am I saying? I'm going insane. I keep walking, I don't notice this part of the street. The houses are more run downed, weeds coming out the ground rapping around the houses. The sun is slowly going down, I keep walking.

Stop.

I tell myself. But I don't. Before I know it, it's pitch black, the moon and the street lights are the only light I can see. My heart pounds, I stop at a empty park. I need to sit and quickly find my home. I sit on a swing and try not to look up. I then head noises behind me, I see shadows and I can't hear myself breathing anymore, only noises. I get up and start running, I don't know where and I don't know why. I hear my name over and over like someone's calling it from a few miles away.

" stop!" I hear someone say.

Mom?

I think. I stop and turn around, I hold my breath to try to hear my name again. I do.

"honey." I hear again. I can see her face. Her blue eyes and pursed lips.

"MOM." I up to her.

"I came home and you weren't there." She says

"What? No I got home and then you came home and let me in. You started talking about Scarlet and-" she cut me off

"What?" She said

"You heard me!" I say getting a little angry.

"Come on let's go home." She said grabbing my arm. "Don't ever run away again!" She said walking back.