Yes, I Love Her

Author's POV

Nandini was standing outside the gate waiting for Harshad and Shahid as he was going to drop both Shahid and her. After the incident on the terrace, Harshad and Navya calmed Nandini and Shahid. It was one hell of a day for both Harshad and Navya as they had to protect 2 innocent people from the bullies who also happens to be their friends. Nandini was waiting for Harshad to get his bike. Suddenly someone called her.

Dhruv: "Nandini..." Dhruv called her softly. Nandini turned but was shocked to see a member of Fab5. Fear started building inside her. Trying her best to hide her fear she nodded her head.

Dhruv: "Tum Ghar ja rahi ho?" "(Are you going home?)" He asked and she nodded her head immediately. He smiled and stood beside her. "Woh actually, mere friends, They didn't mean to hurt you. Wo Manik ko apne gusse par kaabu nahi hota hai toh..." "(Actually my friends..They didn't mean to hurt you. The thing is Manik has no control over his anger so....)" She nodded her head instantly and there was a minute of awkward silence between them. After a minute Dhruv spoke again. " Is it still paining?" Nandini quickly looked at him surprized. Did the bully just worry for her? she thought.

Nandini: "I am fine." Dhruv nodded his head awkwardly and there was another awkward silence between them.

Dhruv: "You are a Fresher?" Dhruv asked again. Nandini shook her head.

Nandini: " I came here to submit my college form. I am not yet selected." Dhruv frown.

Dhruv: "Itna late? You know aaj form bharne ka aakhri din hai. It's difficult to get admission at this time." "(At this time? Did you know today is the last day to submit the college form. At this time its not easy to get the admission.)"Nandini nodded looking down. She looked sad. Dhruv noticed it. "Tumhe yaha achcha nahi laga?" "(You did not like the college?)"Dhruv almost slapped his head internally. Ofcourse she would feel that.

Nandini: " I hated it." Nandin still looking down admitted truthfully. Add this to the worst days of her life. Dhruv scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

Dhruv: "It's not that bad you know." Nandini looked at him for sometime then nodded her head but he understood she did not feel comfortable talking to him. Why would she? In her eyes he was the same as his other friends. So he decided to leave. But before leaving he turned towards her and spoke with a smile. "I really hope tumhe yaha admission mil jaye." "(I really hope you get the admission here.)"Dhruv said and left from there. Nandini was shocked. Soon harshad came and dropped both her and Shahid home. They decided to not tell anything to shahid's parents until they themselves find out.

Dhruv come's in a room and all the Fab4 are waiting for him. He goes and sits in a chair and starts playing his guitar. All his friends are looking at him like they are waiting for some answers. He was disturbed with the constant staring so looked up.

Dhruv: "What?" Everyone looks at him. Manik is biting his nails.

Cabir: "We saw you talking to nandini. What was that?" Dhruv raised his brows.

Dhruv: "What was what? You saw everything toh fir kyu puch raha hai" "(What was what? You saw everything then why are you asking ?)"He said with a deadpan look  and went back to playing his guitar.

Mukti: "Dhruv hum tujhe 9 saalon se jante hai. Tune kabhi kisi se waise baat nahi kiya. Tu usse friendship karne ki koshish kar raha tha." "(Dhruv we know you for 9 years. You have never behaved the way you did today. You were trying to befriend her.)"Mukti said as the matter of fact because dhruv was an introvert. He was never the one to talk to anyone first let alone initiating a friendship. But today after they all came down from terrace they saw dhruv talking to nandini and most shockingly, he kept trying to keep their conversation going. Which is impossible. Dhruv hardly spoke more than 2 words that too they had to force those words out. But with nandini he was talking so well. Dhruv looked at Alya who was silent.