Part 1: Twilight Tea

ZeLink 18+

ZeLink 18+

A breeze blew through the air, gently pushing a wave of golden clouds across the open skies. Along with the clouds, the breeze pushed against the floating, rocky islands that joined them, drifting along as if they were clouds without a care in the world. Some of these islands were small, seemingly insignificant compared to the vast, never-ending cloud flooring below or the gargantuan cloud dome in the distance. They might as well have been nothing but little spots on a painting, added only to give the sky a bit of substance; something to help fill the void of cloud and air. Not all of these islands were small though.

In what was possibly the center of the endless skies was a much larger island, magically floating above the cloud barrier below, neither threatening to fly higher or lower. It simply hovered in place, allowing the clouds and breeze to pass by it as it overlooked the atmosphere's beauty. While other islands were vacant of any life, this island had an abundance. Trees and grass had grown, and even a river and a few falls of never-ending water decorated its surface. Even crops—mainly pumpkins— had sprouted in a few designated areas. Amongst nature, structures made of stone, hay, and even tarp had erupted across the island. Some buildings were large, most were small, and others had been built deep into the island's natural hills.

The island was usually a bustling place, with its small population of pointy-eared folk running around, preparing laundry, or selling goods at the bazaar in the center of the island. While most of these residents lived in the small houses the bazaar was catered to, many lived together in the largest building sitting on one section of floating rock on the edge of the island's total mass. This place was the home of the island's defenders— those who called themselves knights—who were trained in the art of the sword and other useful skills, along with learning to skillfully ride the birds that lived with them above the skies; birds that were larger than the people themselves.

And yet, at this very moment, the island was quiet. The sun had begun its descent, ready to disappear out of sight beyond the clouds, ready for evening and the darkness of night to take its place. As it slowly fell, the sky dwellers all started heading back to their respective homes. Those in the bazaar were preparing to close up for the day, moving slowly in case there happened to be a remaining sale that came through the tarped doors. Finally, the knights on duty for the upcoming night had already taken to the skies, flying around their usual patrol on their powerful, winged beasts, allowing the breeze to brush across their own faces, just as it did to the clouds and the little tiny islands they flew around. One knight in particular, however, was not on duty.

Instead of flying through and around clouds of gold, she remained in the academy, sitting peacefully in the lunchroom. She sat at one of the circular wooden tables with her elbow on its surface and her cheek in her palm, gazing out through the color-stained green window. As she stared out, faint beams of light had begun to shine through the glass, illuminating her thin body, now covered in her recently gifted white knight's tunic. Along with her tunic, her blue eyes practically radiated with light even before the sunset had begun, and her already golden, waist-length hair practically sparkled with the extra luminance now upon it. In short, her looks were that of a goddess; a stature of beauty few on the island even dreamed of achieving.