Darkness Rising Part 5

"We cannot allow Megatron to send Dark Energon through his space bridge. If we fail, the dead of Cybertron will rise, swarm through it's vortex, and invade Earth, bending humankind to Megatrons twisted rule."

Was the main message, if Dark Enrgon goes through everybody dies, what could go wrong there?

Beeping from the monitor shook me out of though,"Optimus I've pinpointed the location of the Megatrons space bridge, high in Earths orbit." Ratchet reported to the team.

"Out of our reach." Optimus concluded

"Okay, so you guys dont fly, but couldn't you guys just groundbridge there?" Miko asked, she was currently standing beside Bulkhead.
"The groundbridge has limited range. Stretched all the way into orbit, its vortex can snap and scatter us to the stars." Ratched ruffly explained.

"Since Megatron is most likley already in transit, im afraid we must take that risk. Reaching the Space bridge first is our only means of stopping him." Optimus rallied while facing towards the Groundbridge.

Out of a sudden a series of honks and an engine sounded from the entry tunnel as Arcee and Jack skidded into base,"Hey,guess who's back?" Jack asked only to be slightly ignored.

"Autobots, prepare for departure." Optimus ordered and Jacks face fell.

"Where to?" Arcee asked only for Miko to reply,"The final frontier." "Space? Bu-but I thought they didnt have a way to get there." Jack stammered, clearly surprised.
"They dont, really." Raf replied from Bee's hand, before being put next to Miko.

From where I was Ratchet maneuvered to the groundbridge controls and pulled down with both hands and a chill went down my spine as I felt the power of the Groundbridge come online.

"Optimus if you leave me on a planet teeming with humans, I will never forgive you." Ratchet grumbled and I had to hide a snort now that, that was a threat I snickered in my head.
"Until we meet again old friend. Autobots, roll out!" Optimus ordered and all of the bots transformed into their vehicle modes before rolling through the Groundbridge.

Once the groundbridge shut down behind them Jack, Miko, and Raf bolted up the stairs and came to platform where I was at, next to Ratchet and the montior.

Soon enough we had communications and listened in. The autobots had been able to magnetized themselves to the spacebridge and were awaiting the Decepticons attack.

:"Well?what are they waiting for?": Arcee queastioned, considering that there wasnt an battle.

:"It appears the Decepticons have sustaned serious damage to their interstellar navigation system":Optimus informed after a few long moments.
:"Ah, thats my handiwork":

:"Great job, Bulkhead. Without the dish, Megatron will be unable to aim the space bridge towards Cybertron.": Optimus concluded.

Something was wrong, if they aren't using their own navigation systems to lock on then they must be using an alternative solution I thought to myself,"Dont the Decepticons know where their own planet is?" Raf questioned.

"Naturally, but Cybertron is many light years away. To reach their target their aim must be astronomically precise." Ratchet scoffed.

:"If Megatron went through the trouble to rendevousing with his Space Bridge, then he must have an alternate targeting system. A remote one."