Chapter one

I  lay there in silence as the rain slowly taped on the roof above me. I could hear the heavy breathing of the kids next to me, their cribs just inches from mine. I sleep when the rain appeared, it made me feel alone like there was a cloud of darkness ready to succumb me. All I could do was wait.

I had longed for the feeling of being loved, I see take the babies from the cribs around, and yet they just graze right over my little head. I had always wondered if it was because of my unusual skin . My skin was the color of a deep blue ocean that sparkled in the sunlight. But all the others had a more nude color. It made me feel odd like I was the one who did not belong.

All the others had a name, and yet I did not. I once heard the bigger people talk about how they had no idea what to call me, they further went on to say how weird I was and how . I had no clear what that word meant but I knew it did not sound good, so I left it alone.

A few minutes passed, and I did hear a shuffling outside but just thought it was the rats again. I was deep in thought until I saw a skinny man with dark hair walk right past the Nuns who had watched over us in the night, as if no one were there. I thought I was imagining it, but the man stopped, He did nothing but stare his eyes glowed a beautiful golden color, one that was so bright I help but grin.

I had heard whispers about this man before but had never actually seen him. After a few minutes, the man called a name. One that was long and yet it still sounded like it was important.

Another man had walked into the room, he was, much taller than the man that stood over me. This man has some sort of symbols all over his body. They stared at me with wonder in their eyes. The one with golden eyes had picked me up and held me close. For once I felt as if someone loved me as they understood.

The tall man that went by the name of Alexander had waved a metal stick over my head I was curious as to what he did wondering if he changed something or not. The feeling of loneliness had not fully vanished but was faint enough to notice.

Once Alexander had finished the much shorter man with golden eyes created a hole in air, one that was so beautiful and bright, I could not help but stare. He whispered words into my ear that made me feel safe like I could trust what he was bringing me into; After he softly spoke the words into my ear he

started to progress towards the glowing circle. As we got closer it grew brighter. Eventually getting so bright I buried my face into the man who was holding me ever so tight. From this I knew he would never do anything to hurt me, I trusted him.

Once we walked through the hole, I felt a slight pain in my stomach like it was a volcano ready to erupt. I heard a noise come out of my mouth and it felt slightly weird. Immediately after I hear laughter from both Alexander and the person holding me, I trusted the man and, wanted to know his name. I tried to ask, but no words came out. All there was, were sounds.

"Magnus looks...he's trying to talk!" Alexander had said before I got to try again.

That had worked out for now, but I know I will not be that lucky in the future. I knew what I had to do, I needed to learn how to speak what was inside my little head, I needed to find a way to express the way I was feeling without crying and laughing, and I needed to learn words. Magnus took me into this huge room with a bed bigger than the room I lived in most of my life. It was spread with a silky golden color. He sat me down on the large bed and by the snap of his fingers the shaggy clothing on my body was gone and new clean ones appeared. I help but laugh at the tickle-Ish feeling. Magnus had smiled at that. I knew he and Alexander had saved me from that Hell Hole. All that the mean and ruthless people would do was give me food once a week and water twice. They made me scared until I lhut it all off and make it all go away. I would get so upset, so in pain, I would burst, and a spark would go off as if there was a fireworks display. I knew Magnus and Alexander would make me feel welcome like I belonged. After Magnus had conjured up some clean clothing, he took me into