Prologue: Unfortunate Coincidences

"The night after that day, somehow, I felt so calm. I still regret feeling that way. However, my heart felt like it was going to explode and my fingers would not stop shaking. I was so alone... I remember being on the swing, the snow and the music. My mind just wanted to see the city lights and not think about anything else. Sometimes I dream that I relive that scene, but... He was standing behind me.

Fred, do you remember that melody...?"

---------

August 6th, 6:00 AM

[FREDDY'S ROOM]

Freddy wakes up a bit late for his first day of school. Looking out the window it seemed to have rained during the night. Then, he realizes that Fred was waiting for him to wake up. The reflectionless shadow was leaning against the brown haired young man's dresser, tapping his finger against the surface of it, creating a slow and patient rhythm. After seeming to wait all night, Fred looks up from the ground at Freddy, and smiles.

 After seeming to wait all night, Fred looks up from the ground at Freddy, and smiles

Fred
"Good morning."

Freddy
"...
"Good morning."

Fred
"Hey... I've been thinking...
"Don't you feel like this day repeats itself constantly?
"It becomes routine every year.
"The gray sky... The sound of crows...
"Honestly, it makes me a little nervous.
"But I have a feeling that today may be different.
"What do you think?"

Freddy
"- sighs-
"...Today is a normal day. Just a normal day.
"The things you talk about happen all the time, there's nothing unusual.
"What is it that makes you nervous?"

Fred
"Unlike other days, I feel that this is not the same.
"This feeling... maybe I'm thinking about it too much... but it's the announcement of something.
"Don't you see? Everything is changing, even now, yesterday and tomorrow."

Freddy
"Sure...
"Whatever you're talking about, everything will be fine today.
"Take it easy, I'm sure there are other important things to worry about."

Fred
"...
"By the way, you were muttering in your sleep, Freddy.
"In my opinion, there's something that doesn't keep you calm like you sa-

Freddy
"I think it's finally time to start the day.
"We have to prepare the table and I still have to organize my backpack."
"In which box did I left that stupid thing...?"

Fred
"Hm..."

6:34 AM
[KITCHEN]

Freddy is packing his backpack after cleaning the kitchen.

Fred
"..."

Freddy
"..."

Fred
"Are you hungry?"