|Chapter 1|

The cold wind blew through the bushes as Vine'Song wandered thunderclan territory. He sniffed the chilling, morning air. No prey in the clearing he was looking into, but somewhere south was a blackbird. He crept through the brambles silently, following the scent, careful to not step on a twig or crunchy leaves. He eventually arrived to where the black bird was, crouching,  Vine'Song began to get ready to pounce on the blackbird that was hopping around in the clearing Infront of him, gathering whatever sticks it could find to help build its nest. He kept his gaze on it as he approached, his tail brushed against a couple small pebbles. He finally leapt at the bird. With a squawk the blackbird quickly attempted to fly off, but he grabbed it by its neck and swiftly killed it. Satisfied, he turned to put the bird in the fresh kill pile.

     Padding back to the camp, his ears twitched as he heard bushes rustling. He didn't think much of it though and kept padding closer to camp. The rustling kept getting louder, so he turned to the sound with a snarl. "Who's there?" He hissed sharply, looking around for the source of the noise. "Oh uhm... sorry if I frightened you!" A dark, reddish brown and blue gray she-cat padded from the bushes. "What are you doing on our territory?" Vine'Song snarled, his fur raising defensively. "Don't worry, I'm not trying to trespass... I want to join thunderclan."                Vine'Song stared at the young she in disbelief. "What?" Vine'Song finally managed to speak. "You heard me, I want to join your clan!" The she-cat stared at him meaningfully. 

     Vine'Song sighed. he couldn't believe he agreed to lead the cat to camp. "I'm Wind, by the way." The young she-cat called to him, giving him a light, friendly smile. "I'm Vine'Song..." He muttered. Leaves crunched beneath a cat's paws, causing the two to jump. "Vine'Song! Why are you bringing a rouge to camp?" A large, tannish brown tom stepped into the clearing.  "Oh! Shivering'Briar!" Vine'Song stared at the tom, surprised on how he managed to sneak up on them.        "Well... she uhm... asked if she could join, so I thought I would bring her to Ice'Star and see what she thought!" He murmured, a little embarrassed. Shivering'Briar's eyes narrowed as he looked at Wind, inspecting her. "You know Scarlet'Rose won't like this, right?" Vine'Song shivered. Scarlet'Rose, the deputy, wasn't very welcoming to outsiders after a traitor killed her past mate. And the fact Wind looked like that cat probably wouldn't help much. Shivering'Briar sighed. "Ah well, no use not giving her a chance, come on." Vine'Song nodded, following him, flicking his tail to Wind to signal her to come along. He just hoped this would all turn out fine.

     Approaching the camp entrance, he sighed. Glancing back at Wind, bright eyed and excited, he felt almost... hopeful. Maybe she would be accepted into the clan. She looked innocent enough. "Hey, Vine'Song." Shivering'Briar whispered to him. Shocked, he looked up at the large tom. "Yeah?" Shivering'Briar flicked his tail at Wind. "She looks a lot like... Him, you know? Except for the eye of course..." Vine'Song nodded. "That's what I thought." He glanced back at Wind. There was no way, right? Surely, they weren't related. No. That would be impossible. he sighed. "Let's just... see what the others think, ok?" Shivering'Briar nodded, and the three padded through the entrance, into the camp. immediately, cats looked their way, gazing in awe at Wind, who was looking around excitedly. A young tan orange tabby ran up to Wind, smiling brightly. "Hi! Are you a rouge?" The tom asked, eyes sparkling at the sight of the newcomer.                 "Rabbit'Paw!" A dark red and black she-cat hissed protectively, shocking the tom. Vine'Song's  eyes widened. The she-cat inspected Rabbit'Paw quickly, before looking up to glare at the three." "Vine'Song, Shivering'Briar! Why did you bring a loner into our camp?" Wind stared at her for a moment before looking at the two Infront of her, a worried expression on her face.

     "So. You brought a loner into our camp, why?" Scarlet'Rose hissed, her tail lashing as she glared at Vine'Song and Shivering'Briar. "I asked to join your clan!" Wind chimed in, still somehow managing to smile at the deputy. Scarlet'Rose glanced at Wind, then back at Vine'Song and Shivering'Briar. "Well, we should wait for Ice'Star before finally deciding what to do with her." The four conversed more about what happened, when Ice'Star finally came back from a solo hunting patrol. Padding up to them, Ice'Star sat down next to Scarlet'Rose, her tail tip tapping the ground slowly and gently as she stared at the three Infront of her. "So. You said this loner wanted to join our clan?" Her gaze darted to Wind as Vine'Song and Shivering'Briar nodded.  "So. What makes you think that you are strong enough for clan life?" Wind stared at her for a moment before finally speaking. "I've survived a dog attack when I was a kit, I can handle this." She seemed confident, keeping eye contact with Ice'Star. "You did?" Ice'Star glanced at Wind, who nodded excitedly. Scarlet'Rose exchanged a look with Ice'Star. A silent giggling could be heard outside the den, and Ice'Star looked up. "Rabbit'Paw, Bear'Paw! Stop snooping around!" The same tannish orange tabby was peeking inside the den with another, slightly larger tom with dark, almost brown, orange fur and a white underbelly. "But I'm bored! Besides, I want to talk to the rouge!" Ice'Star sighed. "She's not a rouge now, she's your clanmate!" 

     "All cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather beneath the Highrock for a clan meeting!"  Wind sat next to Rabbit'Paw, Bear'Paw, Shivering'Briar and Vine'Song, staring up at the leader.           "A rouge has decided to join our clan, and I believe they have pure intentions. A few silent whispers rippled in the crowd, and a small light brown she-cat with grayish green splotches glanced at Wind, her fur rippling with worry. "I hope you all accept your new clanmate. Wind, your name from now until you are a warrior shall be Wind'Paw. Your mentor will be Scarlet'Rose." Wind'Paw and Scarlet'Rose touched noses as Ice'Star called off the meeting. "Honey, are you sure I'm the right cat to mentor her?" Scarlet'Rose asked Ice'Star. 'Don't worry, I'm sore you'll do great." The two exchanged a loving glance as Rabbit'Paw and Bear'Paw approached Wind'Paw. "Wow! I can't believe I get another den mate!" Rabbit'Paw purred. "It'll be nice to have another cat around." Bear'Paw smiled. "We start training tomorrow Wind'Paw!" Scarlet'Rose called. Wind'Paw let out a purr of excitement as Rabbit'Paw and Bear'Paw showed her around. She was finally in a place where she felt safe. Silently hoping Rose wasn't to hurt by her leaving, she followed the two, ready to follow wherever her new life would take her.

A/N | WHEW- This took a while, not too proud of this writing, but it's good enough. WTD will be going on a small hiatus due to school and lack of inspiration, have a good day!

ALSO ROSE AND SCARLET'ROSE ARE DIFFERENT CATS I WAS JUST DUMB AND NAMED THEM SIMILAR STUFF I'M SORRY- (don't mind the publish, was just fixing an error)