Champagne Problems

"Kyoya..." Tamaki sang his name softly, twirling a pencil between his fingers. He huffed when Kyoya didn't respond, rolling his eyes. Tamaki sat up straighter and smiled. "Oh, Kyoya-" He twisted his pencil around, the eraser pointed at Kyoya. He poked him, a smile spreading across his face when Kyoya shifted, his face showing an ounce of annoyance. All Tamaki needed was an inch, then he knew he could take a mile. "Kyoya."

"What?" Kyoya didn't look up from his textbook, he didn't need to.

He knew Tamaki was trying to distract him and each time he succeeded it was because Kyoya made the mistake of acknowledging him. He wasn't going to make that mistake today. They had several tests coming up, the month was ending and so were the units they were studying in school. Kyoya was smart, he knew that, but he also knew he didn't know everything. Tamaki liked to act like he did, though, which is one of the reasons studying with Tamaki was so hard. Sitting down and being focused were also two things Tamaki struggled with. He didn't know why he even tried to study with him anymore. Well, Kyoya did. It was because he liked being around Tamaki. Even if his time with him was counterproductive and distracting.

"I need help." Tamaki leaned his elbows on the table, looking over at Kyoya's several papers. They were neatly laying across his side of the table, his textbook in the middle. Beside him were his backpack and a pencil bag full of various colored highlighters he could use for highlighting.

"Your handwriting is so good, my handwriting is so... wrong." He made a face, his nose sticking up. Tamaki's handwriting could use some work, that much was true. He wrote too quickly and oftentimes messed up his lettering, but that didn't stop him. Learning a new language was hard, especially when Japanese and French were so different, but Tamaki was hard on himself. His father expected success like Kyoya's did. So Tamaki worked hard, picking his work apart to make sure it was perfect. "Can you read over it and make sure I'm doing it right?"

Hair fell in front of his face and Kyoya made the mistake of sneaking a glance. He swallowed and allowed his eyes to dart back to his textbook. Tamaki hadn't noticed, thankfully. "It doesn't look bad because mine is good, it looks bad because you still barely know Japanese." Kyoya didn't look up when Tamaki gasped and made some ungodly, dramatic noise. He didn't need to watch Tamaki to know he probably flew himself on the floor as if he had been shot. "Maybe you should work on your Japanese homework instead of your finances. Kill two birds with one stone."

"But you're good at financing-" Tamaki drug out his words, his fingers tapping against the table. He was like a child. A tall, overdramatic, child. "It's the only thing you do, I bet you even do it when you sleep, with a little dream calculator and laptop-"

"Helping you with it doesn't mean I'm going to do it. I'm not going to baby you, Tamaki." Kyoya peered at him from over the tops of his glasses. Tamaki was staring at him. Staring at him like he knew it had an effect on him. That was another reason studying with Tamaki was a pain, he was undoubtedly attractive. And every time he looked at Kyoya the man was forced to face that fact. Still, he had to hold his ground and get his work done. Tamaki could be pretty when testing was over. "Tamaki, I'm serious." He warned.

"Do you do it for fun?" Tamaki was grinning, his eyes crinkling around the edges. Homework was the last thing on his mind, it was clear. Now he was focused on distracting Kyoya and dragging the innocent student down with him. Kyoya was his target and there was nothing he could do to get out of his path. "Do you sneak a bunch of textbooks out of the school on break and solve all the problems? It seems like something you would do, you're always so serious."

Kyoya sighed, pushing his glasses up with his middle finger. "Are you done?" He didn't allow his eyes to focus on Tamaki's lips, even if his brain was begging to look at the way his mouth formed a smile. "Or do you want to keep being childish?"