I'm Yours To Tame

Prapai walked into Phayu's garage with familiarity. He had spent enough time there that he treated it like a second home.

"Hey, Phayu. Are you free for... lunch? What is she doing here?"

The mechanic glanced up to see what Prapai was looking at. The racer was focused on the girl he had seen at the last race. The one who evaded him.

"Hm? Oh, have you met Lana?"

Prapai fake laughed at his friends teasing.

"You know I have. So?"

"She works for me."

The racer raised his eyebrows. He knew everyone that worked for Phayu and he had never seen this girl around here before.

"Since when?"

"Rather recently."

"Huh."

Prapai watched the girl as she worked. It was hot to see her bent over the hood of a car.

"I wouldn't even think about it."

He turned to Phayu with a frown.

"Why not?"

"She's not your usual type of girl."

"What's my usual type?"

"Someone who will fawn all over you."

"No it's not - okay, fine, but what makes you think she won't do that too?"

"She's already shown you she won't."

"How - she told you? What, are you two gossip sisters already? Besides, things change."

Prapai didn't like how confident Phayu sounded as he stated that he had no chance with Lana. However a flame of hope lit inside his chest at the fact that she had talked about him. It flickered as he thought about how close she must be to his friend to have talked about him with Phayu.

"Like what? Suddenly you want a serious relationship?"

"Yeah, if it's the right person. What? You don't believe me?"

"You're serious."

Prapai stepped closer to Phayu and nudged him with his shoulder.

"Come on, Phayu. Help me out. How should I approach her? What does she like?"

"What makes you think I know?"

"I saw her hanging all over you at the race. Unless... is she yours? Has someone finally caught your interest?"

He played it off as teasing, but Prapai felt bitter at the thought.

"Will you back off if I say yes?"

"Depends... do you want me to?"

The racer stared at Phayu, watching him carefully as he waited for the mechanic's answer.

"Do what you want."

"Okay, but you can't change your mind."

"You think you'll be able to win her over?"

"This face with my charming personality? Definitely."

"Hmm. She wants to learn how to ride."

Prapai's eyes lit up.

"A motorcycle? Really? Interesting. Wish me luck. Not that I need it."

Phayu rolled his eyes as Prapai walked away with a grin.

"I though we were going for lunch?"

"Sorry, mate. I found better company."

Phayu shook his head an amused smile on his face, but he watched his friend closely as he went to talk to Lana.

"It's as if fate wanted us to meet again."

She didn't look up from from her work when Prapai approached. Instead, she finished what she was doing before glancing up.

"Racer boy. What brings you here? Something wrong with your bike?"

"If I had known that you were a mechanic I would've found something that needed fixing. Perhaps you can service me in another way?"

Lana raised eye brow and smirked as she stood up and leant against the car she was working on. She stared at Prapai as she unzipped the top of her overalls.

"Are you sure that's what you want? I can be quite a handful."

"You'll be in good hands with me. I promise."

"I'm sure you think so."

Lana turned around and resumed working leaving Prapai a little taken aback.

"Let me take you out for lunch."

"I don't have time. I need to finish this."

"I've already cleared it with your boss. Come on, you need to eat."

Lana glanced over at Phayu who was watching them with his arms crossed.

"In that case... P'Phayu! Do you want to join us for lunch?"

The mechanic walked over and smiled politely at Lana and smugly at Prapai.

"Sure.