The Voice on The Radio: "I Can Hear Him"

Note: This is a mini series about Jane Doe.  She hears a voice on a radio and stuff happens.  I haven't decided if this is canon in the band au however that doesn't mean Jane won't mention the "man/boy on the radio".  The story is told from Jane's point of view however I may change the point of view in other chapters.

I stared into the abyss of my room.  It was dirty, but it wasn't as dirty as the rest of the house.  The room was mostly black and Christmas lights gave it light.  I liked dark things, especially the color black.  Though I also liked neon.  Hence the Christmas lights.  

Dad was gone.  He wouldn't be coming back until after band practice.  I was going to head to Mellow's place but something stopped me.  That radio.   The radio father had gifted to me....it turned on.  

"H-hello...C-can S-someone hear me?" a voice mostly hidden by static called out.  It was a boy's voice that cut in and out as he spoke.  I knew I couldn't speak through the radio but I tried to anyways.  "Hello?  Is someone there?" I ask as I grab the radio off my desk and sit down with it on my bed.

"Y-yes!  I'm here!" the boy exclaims as I tilt my head in wonder.  "Are you trapped in the radio?  Are you dead?" I ask the voice. "H-huh...Oh- I guess trapped would be more appropriate!  By the way, my names-" his voice cut out and then started again.  "It's been forever since I've talked to someone!" he says cheerfully.  "I think I'll just call you "The Voice".  What do you think?" I ask him.  

"Ok! So, are we friends now?"

"Do you want to be friends?"

"Of course!"

'How odd...a boy I just met seconds ago trapped in a radio wants to be my friend.' I thought as I say on how I agree on his decision.  "H-hey I didn't catch your name!" The Voice asks me.  "Oh my name is uh well....my name's Jane-  Jane Doe!" I exclaim.  "Oh-  Isn't Jane Doe used for a female that doesn't remember their name...or a dead person?" The Voice asks.  "Wha-  No...no, it's just what my dad named me!  Well, I kind of named myself but y'know!" I answer.

All of a sudden I'm greeted with screams as the boy screams the word "HELP" and then a small whisper of a "bye" plays on the radio. Soon the screams were drowned by static and The Voice was gone.

"Hey kid!  What were you listening too?" Mellow asks me as she opens the door to my room.  Dad must have sent her to check on me.  "I was listening to the recordings of murder victims.  I was acting as if I was the psychiatrist who was talking to them before they murdered them with their cold hands!" I said with a smile as I put on my glow up bracelets and my teddy to follow Mellow to their house.  "Thats-  well...uh interesting." Mellow says as she tries to keep her composure with what I just said.  "Say how's it going with your dad-  oh I forgot he left you..." I say as I snicker.  "Ha ha-  real funny..come on lets get you some teeth." Mellow says as she gives me a playful punch on the shoulder.   

I still couldn't get that boy's voice out of my head..he was in trouble-

I need to tell dad.

Note: OMG-  I have not wrote in first person for the longest time...so it's a miracle I could even write this!  Mellow btw is the part of the "mime" species and she is the old keyboardist or drummer. (I haven't decided yet) Jane Doe's personality was mainly inspired by Wednesday Addams personality.  And the series I watched about her.(this was written when Wednesday first came out lol)  But also the song Housewife Radio by Ghost!