Watch

Chapter 1

My name is Ember Emilia Trap, I live in a country half above ground and half below, the half above ground is covered by a large ten-foot thick glass dome. Link is my closest friend, Helts are flying devices that patrol the city... I prefer to stay away from those. Tomorrow is Waking day, the day every year that we all leave our "Beautiful dome" for two days and we stay with Croppers while the city is being cleaned.

---•( ~ )•---

I am immedietly tossed to the cold muddy floor, my face pressed against the hard surface as the smell of stale urine and sweat swarmed my nostrils. I have been here before, many times for that. I always seem to hit the floor even harder every time. I cough as i pull myself upright, I notice two others sitting in the corners of the room. My normal cell clothes lay folded neatly in front of me, I change like always no one even turns a cheek. I was in the compound, the compound is a detention center for arrogant people without guardians.....Lucky me.

I sit for hours with nothing to do, then Oak walks in being ushered by Hasta. Oak is wearing her "Mothering face" and Hasta is just Hasta. "Maybe you should wear those regularly." Hasta smirks gesturing toward my clothes. "Dont be so smug" I say looking down at the stained pants and tattered shirt i was wearing "Ember will you ever learn?" Oak asks with her arms folded against her chest. I am thinking of telling her that learning for me was in her dreams, but i said nothing as i changed back into my other clothes.

I walk out of the compound like normal, but then I feel a missing presence.... Where was Link? The compound usually takes him too. I dont ponder it long so instead I pick up the pace through the dark city.