XX

20-SANITY VS INSANITY.

Every lesson Amahle attended was unsuccessful. Majority of her classmates dozed off often during lessons which did not only discourage the educators but cost them a bit of their future. Amahle was thankful that she was not the only one suffering from the sleeping syndrome. The yawns and day dreaming was quite contagious.

Thankfully Nandi was not quite the sleeper so she was Amahle's eyes and ears. Naiomi and Sarah were still not in communication. Naiomi seemed ignorant and nonchalant about it. Sarah seemed really sad more than disappointed. She would have accepted her apology if she even had some sort of remorse of which she didn't have. Amahle didn't know to what extent what was said about Sarah was true so she took no sides.

Naiomi and Yamkela's boyfriend grew to be much closer as Yamkela herself was not even in the camp. Anyone could have noticed it but chose to turn a blind eye. She was a sucker for attention that one for sure. Naiomi's doings angered Nandi for some reason. Even the sight of her moved something in her that she swore she would tell Yamkela any chance she got. This was the part where she was protective over her friends.

Chippo on the other hand avoided Liverock which everyone applauded. Atleast she had some self respect after he humiliated her.

Amahle made her way to the sink to wash her dish and utensils and saw the last person she wanted to see. Joseph, some lad that found interest in her and unfortunately the feeling was not mutual. He was your typical tall, lightskinned and handsome. He was also west African like Amahle but spoke Portuguese. That was one fun fact Amahle liked about him. He was a great soccer player and anyone who didn't know him must have been living under a rock and Amahle lived beneath that rock. The first time they met, he was infatuated towards her. 'Love at first site' he called it. He gave off weird vibes most of the time.

Amahle gave him a chance and they went out on a date some months ago which was quite unsuccessful. The first thing he mentioned once she settled on the seat opposite him was that he wanted a baby. Amahle was tounge tied and laughed it off but she couldn't seem to brush off the tone in which he said it. Aggressive. They made conversation and when their order came, he just sat and watched her eat. She couldn't even chew properly afraid she might bite her tounge. Weird if you asked her.

Deeper during their talking stage he mentioned sex, babies, pampers and topics that were above his age and allowance. No goals, no drive just a clueless young lad with no idea of his plans after school. He bunked school quite a lot and his excuses were questioning. He was clingy and touchy. He showed deep affection but their little situationship didn't go past a hug which Amahle made sure of. Amahle had so many doubts about him that she could count with all ten fingers and toes.

Her peers pressured her into being with him because he must have been too good to be true. Nobody thought that Joseph would be able to even get her number yet alone take her out on a date. They really looked cute together and were very admirable. Once Emeka noticed their sudden closure, he was concerned. Normally she would inform him but she didn't this time because she was very doubtful. He warned her about him though, that he still had a lot of self introspection to do and Amahle was too matured for him. She brushed him off anyway.

He was a smooth talker and kind, gentle and all. Joseph was genuine at the same time couldn't be trusted and was too calm for her liking. A few weeks later it was much evident to Joseph that Amahle was not interested in him. Amahle considered being with him only because she felt sorry for him. She believed that even she deserved a chance at love but at the same time her thoughts wrestled on wether it was a safe time for distractions.

One day Nandi heard some shocking news she couldn't grasp about Joseph and definitely couldn't hide from Amahle. Nandi was hurt a little bit but at the same time knew something was off about this lad. Rebecca and Melissa questioned Nandi on wether Joseph and Amahle were a thing and Nandi denied it with immediate effect. Despite it being true she hoped and prayed they never become a thing. There was just something about him that didn't sit well with her at the same time Nandi believed he was not Amahle's type.