Chapter 5; Hospitalized

loading...

hallucination?.arc added successfully

'I think I'll lose my mind in hysteria.'

Andy hallucinates after waking up in a hospital in the afternoon. This will be in second place and first place, meaning You, your, and yours + I, me, my, Mine, we, our, and us are used.

VI.

I lazily dragged my eyes open. The room I was in was small. I looked around to recognize later I was in a hospital, lying in a bed. I tried sitting up but to no avail. One of my legs was cut off. I fell off balance landing back down. My head stung and my vision shook and blurred. When I opened my eyes again, everything was black, purple, red, and blue. I panicked as hands came out of the walls and tried to reach me, random stripes formed around the bed like crime scene caution paper. Floating eyes were all around watching me, I couldn't get up I was stuck lying on the bed with my head angled up on the headboard. Randomly a red figure formed in front of me. As the hands clawed on his shoulders he stared at me tilting his head. Drool was slipping through the red devil's teeth, his flawless ear-to-ear grin growing more prominent and sinister. I stared wide-eyed unable to move due to fear, he kept staring and staring. Suddenly, I was blinded by a light turning on. As my eyes adjusted to the brightness, I saw a figure run up to me. It was Kevin, he hugged me tightly.

"You're alive!" Kevin said as he recoiled from the hug crying. He wiped his tears, "You had me worried!" I smiled and patted his back. "It's okay now, Kev. I'm here and I don't plan to leave anytime soon." He frowned as I giggled. "An, be serious. You almost died now you're joking. You can't plan when you die. It comes unexpectedly.." He started to tear up, and my heart started to ache. "Don't be such a sour puss," I said as I pushed his head down and ruffled his hair with the little energy I had left. He smiled as he sat next to the bed. Telling me stories of how terrible the past week since I was found laying on the ground was. I thought about his previous words. An, be serious. You almost died now you're joking. You can't plan when you die. It comes unexpectedly. They rang in my head multiple times before my mouth subconsciously opened and lead some words to spur out. "Do you think.. We'll always be together like this?" I said looking to the side, as I hoped we would. "Huh? Where did that come from?" He asked as I got nervous and sweated. "Uh, Well you know! just thinking out loud!" I avoided eye contact. "Well, I doubt we could be together forever.. isn't that what mortality's all about?" He said looking up at me with half-lidded eyes showing his eyebags and a strained smile. " What's important isn't how often we see each other, but how often we think about each other.." He said looking up at the fluorescent lights "Right?" He looked back down at me and tilted his head. As time passed, I was dismissed from the hospital after being questioned by Officer John and Jack. I, Kevin, and Streber walked across the street and went to Kevin's house. I dropped them off and started walking to my house with Hysteria holding my hand since Kevin was babysitting her for me while I was hospitalized. I decided to walk over to boy n grill and grab something for us since I didn't wanna cook when I get home. I pushed the door open my nose was blasted with the sizzling smell of meat being flipped, the air hung with the joy of mouth-watering stench giving me a sense of nostalgia for when I first came here and life was perfect. I walked up to the counter and sat exactly where I sat last time, it was hard though I hadn't gotten used to my limb missing yet so I had trouble getting up in balance. I sat Hysteria on my lap and tickled her before I was re-meet with a familiar face; Bob in the flesh. He smiled at my childish behavior before looking at my leg nub. He had a surprised expression before switching it to concern. "Andy, Sweetheart, what happened to your leg?" He asked me with sadness..? laced in his voice.