Chapter 1

It was a sunny evening, one of the happy evenings for Scotts. Scott's house was on a massive piece of land, surrounded by a garden. Anyone can think of Scott as one of the richest families of the city, which was not true as the house belongs to their ancestors. The street on which the house was standing had no other houses but a small theater with sound canceling walls and an old library which remains empty most of the time and no noise of the street could be heard by few people in the library.

Diya Scotts, the elder daughter was picking clothes and spreading them on the bed with a smile on her face and was singing little tunes. Her brother Devin came into her room. He sat on the bed while moving clothes to one side. Diya got irritated but ignored it. She was not in the mood to fight with him.

"Devin I am very excited...but.If you were going with us I would be happier," she said while folding the clothes.

"Don't act in front of me," Devin said, rolling his eyes. "I know you are happy that at least for a few days you could have mom and dad attention."

Diya ignored him.

"You never wanted to visit Disneyland with me so you convinced them to leave me alone at the house," He said and threw clothes on the floor and went from there.

"Devin" she screamed at his back and picked her clothes from the floor.

Diya was sitting on the table with a pen in her hands making a list of things she wanted to buy for her and her friends. Devin came there, picked up the remote, and sat on the sofa.

"Devin...what shall I buy for you?" she asked.

"As if you care," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Devin why won't we, if you want anything tell us," mom said smiling.

"I know, if I ask you to bring anything you would never remember and then you will say that you tried hard but could not find it," he said while keeping his eyes on the tv.

"Devin, why do you sound like they don't care for you?" Diya said, "truth is..whenever you ask them to do anything no matter what, they just get it for you."

"So, why are they not taking me to Disneyland?" he yelled.

"My son, if you want to go with us, tell us, why won't we take you?" mom said lovingly.

"What about tickets?" Devin asked.

"We would try to do what we could," said mom.

"No, I don't want to spoil your picnic mood, I don't want to come." 

"Devin, I don't understand why you are so insecure?" Diya said.

He threw the remote on the floor. "Shut up!" he continued, "I am not even dying to come with you, see mom you were asking me to come when she doesn't want to."

He ran to his room.

"You know he hates to hear that, you should have ignored him, he is younger and naive," mom said to Diya, "I should go and talk to him."

Diya was watching her favorite sitcom, when Devin came and sat near her.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Can't you see?" she rolled her eyes.

"Are you angry with me?"

Diya ignored him.

"Tell me." 

Diya kept her eyes on TV.

"You know I hate when someone ignores me," he said, "no response, but I know how to make you talk."

He started tickling her.

"Devin no…

Devin stop…

Ok I am not angry…"

He finally stopped.

"So now I am not angry, tell me what happened?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Remember you asked me what I want from Disneyland, so here is the list." He handed her the list which had almost ten to fifteen things written on it.

"So all that effort for this." She raised the list in air.

"Yeah.." he replied while smiling.

"You are so mean Devin." 

"I know," he said finally.

Diya and her parents were ready to go to the airport.

"Devin we will miss you," mother said lovingly.

"I don't think so," Devin said.

Diya got irritated "Devin please..don't start all that–"

"You shut up, I don't want to talk to you," Devin said yelling at her.

"What?" Diya said.

"Yeah, the one who makes my parents treat me differently," he said.

"Are you mad? Sometimes I think you need psychiatric help," Diya said, "but you know what, I don't want to spoil my mood. I am waiting in the car," she said, going outside.

"Did you hear what she said?" Devin asked, turning to her mother.

"We would talk to her, don't worry son, I know you are talking like that because you know you will miss us. We would miss you too. You could contact us whenever you want," mother said, "we will bring you all the things you have asked for. Now hug me." 

Devin hugged his mother and father, "will miss you." 

"We too, take care of yourself and be a good boy," Dad said.

They were in the car, dad was driving.

"Don't spoil your mood Diya," dad said, "Forget what happened?"

"But Dad I can't forget what he said," Diya said.

"He is young, forget it," mother said.

"Mom, he always does this," Diya complained, "You remember when we were planning for a vacation, he refused that he doesn't want to come, we tried to persuade him but he was determined, and then when everything was planned, he started his tantrums, we asked him again, two days before and again he refused,  so why is he behaving like this?" Diya further said.

"He is just a little sensitive," Mom said.

"But mom, it is not right." 

"You are his elder sister, you should understand him," mom said.

"I think if he kills someone, someday you will still support him," Diya said, getting annoyed.

"Don't say this!" mom said strictly.

Don't forget to share your valuable views on this chapter.