𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔: 𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚, 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐭

TW:  case talk (bombs, injury)

Davina's POV

WE ALL TAKE OUR SEATS AT THE ROUNDTABLE, the smell of coffee wandering throughout the room from the various cups being used to keep us awake this morning. I open my case file, skimming through the information. 23 people dead, it reminded me of my old work, mass casualties were sort of our jam. Garcia clicks on the TV screen, gesturing the remote out flamboyantly, "So, as you've all seen on the news, Minnesota has an explosion problem, and not the fun type."

"Is there a fun type of explosion?" Reid asks from next to me.

I look up as Garcia sighed lightly, "My delicate rose, you have no idea."

"Garcia," Hotch warns.

I bite my lips to hide a smile, I could at least pretend to be professional.

Penelope nods quickly, "Right, sorry sir. 2 bombs have gone off in the last 2 days, both with mass casualties. The first bomb ironically went off in a bomb testing unit foyer during the morning traffic of people heading into work, second went off in a chemical testing lab at Minnesota University during a staff meeting."

JJ taps her pen against the table, "Do we think this is politically motivated?"

"If it is, then there isn't a clear agenda. Usually, an UNSUB like that would release a manifesto to the police or media." Emily speaks from beside me.

Morgan looks closer at the photos in the case file, "Would I be able to take a look at the bombs? It could be useful for the profile." He asks.

"I've already asked them to keep hold of what's left of them," Hotch replies, "they're waiting for you."

"23 dead, 45 injured," I say, flicking through the pages of victim photos, "if there's a specific target here, this guy is doing a really bad job."

Rossi smiles at me from across the table, "I really want to be there when you tell our UNSUB that."

I grin at him, miming I'll call you.

"Is it better to just assume that there isn't a singular target then? These kills might just be opportunistic?" JJ suggests.

Hotch shakes his head, "I don't want to rule anything out at this stage. A more thorough look into victimology will be necessary, I'd like a few of us to talk to some of the injured to see if they saw anything which could be of help."

He continues, "The average serial bomber profile is male, white, unmarried with bad family relationships, usually intelligent with a formal education. Could that be a good starting point for your search Garcia?"

She looks at him blankly, "I respect you enough sir to say no, that is not a good starting point. That is half of the state's population."

"Try for us baby girl," Derek says in a softer tone.