Chapter 1 || Meet The Fixer

Note:
I'm using the ESportsTales's height chart.
Spy and Scout are the only ones I know that have cannon height.
But, here are the heights from shortest to tallest, including (Y/n).
Engineer (31): 5'7"/170.18 cm
Fixer(22): 5'8"/172.72 cm
Pyro(26): 5'10"/177.8 cm
Scout(24): 5'11"/180.34 cm
Soldier(45): 6'0.5"/184.15 cm
Spy(40): 6'1"/185.42 cm
Medic(45): 6'1.5"/186.69 cm
Demoman(30): 6'2"/187.96 cm
Sniper with hat(28): 6'2.5"/189.23 cm
Heavy(46): 6'5"/195.58 cm

~~~~

     (Y/n) smiled as she landed her de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter (1964 version) in the open area behind what she knew as Red Base. The pictures didn't do this wooden structure justice. Otto -her plane- was a gift from the Canadian Royal Airforce for her family's service and her father gave it to the only child that could fly. (Y/n) wore a light red coulotte dress. Her hair was stylized to make a good first impression on her new co-workers. She was given brief descriptions from a woman called "Miss Pauling", but nothing concrete. Like the team's doctor is German with nothing else describing him
  "Well, better meet them now while it's still Lunch." (Y/n) hopped out of her plane -taking her two suitcases out with her. She noticed the beautiful wooden & red base, reminding her a bit of a farm's barn.

     After a few twists and turns, she finally was able to find the recreation room. There she heard soft arguing over something. Walking in, she looked over to see nine men -each clad in red clothing. 
  "Excuse me! Sorry for the intrusion." (Y/n) smiled, calling out to get their attention. Those who weren't arguing quickly turned their heads' to (Y/n)'s sweet voice.
  "Hello! I'm the Fixer the Administrator hired" (Y/n) sweetly smiled at those who looked at her. As she introduced herself, the arguing trio looked over -seemingly surprised at her presence. It took a while before anyone said anything, causing (Y/n) to slightly worry.
  "Pardon us, ma chèrie (my darling). We are just stunned to see a belle femme (beautiful woman) in a base of brutes baveuses (slobbish brutes)." A French male held out his hand. He was dressed head to toe in a dark burgundy -his face covered by a mask with only his eyes and mouth exposed. His lips held a cigarette that was halfway gone.
  "Monsieur, je doute que tous ces messieurs soient, comme vous dites, des "brutes baveuses". (Sir, I doubt that all these gentlemen are, as you say, "slobbish brutes".)" (Y/n) took his hand. The Frenchman chuckled before giving her hand a kiss.
  "You speak his hippie language?!" A bravado-sounding voice harshly yelled out. (Y/n) eyed the male, noticing his red military-like uniform.
  "Ah! You must be the general of this base! It's an honor to meet you, sir!" (Y/n) quickly saluted the individual. A quick grin graced his features as he started talking about how he was finally getting the respect he deserves.
  "Now you've done it, Shelia. He's gonna be like this 'least the rest of the day." Another male got up. He was tall -though (Y/n) was sure that the hat added 1.27 centimeters (0.5 inches) to his height. Though, half the team seemed freakishly tall. (Y/n) shook the tall man's hand, noting the Australian hat she's seen Saxton Hale wear. Though, his accent gave away that he was from down under already.
  "Sorry, about that. Is that .3 round in your pockets? You must use a Winchester Model 70 (tried to match the actual model to a real-life model from the 60s.)" (Y/n) softly mumbled the second part, causing the Australian to chuckle.
  "Good eye-"

     "Stop hogging the hot stuff! Hey, toots, I'm Scout. I'm kinda a big deal around here." A young man, who looked slightly younger than (Y/n), eagerly grabbed her hand and shook it wildly. This caused the older men to roll their eyes at the younger one.
  "Pleasure is all mine. I've heard amazing things about you from Miss Pauling, so I have high expectations." (Y/n) lied. Miss Pauling went on a 3-hour rant on how annoying Scout was. However, Scout didn't know that -causing him to have a bright red face.
  "S-She did? O-Oh, of course! I mean, who wouldn't talk about me amazingly!"
  "It's good to see a fresh face, Lass. As long as you're here to help, then you're alright with me." The only black male came forward to greet (Y/n). (Y/n) happily shook his hand, not minding his eye patch or the stench of booze.
  "I hope to meet your expectations then." (Y/n) gave a curt nod.
  "I am Heavy Weapons Guy, but you may call me Heavy." The large male on the couch stated with a thick Russian accent. It was clear he wasn't too keen on (Y/n) being here -which was fine. After all, she didn't need to be friends with all her coworkers.
  "Pleased to meet you!"
  "I'm Engineer and this is Pyro, we'll be showing you around once Doc takes care of some quick medical procedures. You look mighty pretty for someone who's a mercenary." The man with a yellow hard hat tipped his hat as his partner next to him -likely the Pyro- gave a friendly wave.
  "You're going to see me covered in blood, oil, and whatever else. The least I can do is look nice on my first day. First impressions are important, and flattery gets you everywhere." Her (eye color) gleamed with mischief -the kind that was familiar to the group.
  "I guess that leaves me. Mädchen (girl), I am Medic. Please come to me whenever you get injured." The man with graying hair smiled at her. His German accent was almost lost in his excited deep voice.

     "I'm really pleased to meet you all! I heard so much about you all, and I can't wait to start working with all of you. But, first I would like to drop my bags off and then take care of whatever these surgeries that the Administrator told me about." (Y/n)'s positivity wasn't lost on the men. Scout and Pyro were quite excited to have a new positive teammate -especially someone in their age group. Skeptics -like Sniper, Spy, Engineer, and Medic- tried to understand how she can be so positive about murder. Then again, Miss Pauling said she was the Administrator's last resort for a reason. Heavy didn't think she was needed, so he didn't care for her attitude. Soldier and Demo welcomed the positive attitude since everyone else was depressed with theirs'.
  "This way, mädchen (girl). I'll show you to your room then we can take care of those surgeries."

~~~

     Her dark steel gray eyes glared at the monitor, taking out a cigarette to grace her aging lips. So, she arrived. The Administrator hummed at the thought. Of course, the older woman had no qualms on if (Y/n) could do her job. No, (Y/n) always got her job done. However, she was worried about everyone else. (Y/n) was a sweetheart if you knew her. Kind of mom figure to any group. The Administrator learned that from the last group (Y/n) was placed with. But, even the sweetest of people have cracks of insanity.