𝐆.𝐀.𝐁. || 𝐎𝐍𝐄

[ LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA ]

—[ LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA ]

July 13th, 1991
{ 'Donald's Apartment' - 5:46 P.M. }

•••

The orange skies gazed through the three bedroom apartment open windows as hot wind blew in, making the white curtains move wildly.

Summer was two months in and it was only getting worse as the west coast's heat angered pedestrians who walked around the streets.

The sunbeam made DeVanté's skin glow as his body walked through his condo from his bedroom to his spacey kitchen that was also shared with an average sized living room.

The repeated knocks from the other side of the door irked the twenty-one year old as he yelled out to whoever the stranger was to give him a second.

Once he made it, he unlocked and twisted the knob in order to open it.

The viewing of his little brother in the doorway almost made DeVanté close the door back as he realized he was the reason why he had to get out of bed.

The older brother smacked his lips, getting ready to walk back to his master bedroom.

"Why didn't you just use yo' key?"

Ignoring his question for the moment, Dalvin felt his way in as he couldn't view his pathway.

He closed the door with his foot and locked it back before putting the two medium sized boxes on the tan wooden floor.

He stretched his back in relief and soon took off his shoes before stepping any further into the home as he knew his brother would get on him if he did.

"My hands were full," The obvious manner came out strong as Dalvin lifted his nicely arched eyebrow. "I couldn't reach my back pocket."

DeVanté just shook his head and stopped himself from walking, seeing the little to no storage boxes that he had brung up.

"That's all you got?"

"No," He finished pulling his sneaker off and placed them on the doormat along with other footwear. "That's all I was able to grab since pops was on his way home from work. I'll just go back to grab the rest of my stuff tomorrow or sum'."