Chapter 2- Not Just A Headache

Killer's POV:

    I slipped my sweatshirt on, my alarm had just gone off and luckily, I had a day off today! I walked downstairs to see Murder; who had already gone on a mission and came back, lying on the couch. Horror on the other hand was cooking breakfast,
"What happened to him?" I asked Horror as he kept focus on his cooking.
"Not sure, but he has a bad headache." Horror responded, looking up from what he was making with an unsure grin. I nodded and thought about checking on him, but I wasn't sure. If he has a headache he might be irritated, but maybe he needs something but is too tired to ask for help. Okay, I got this! I walked over to Murder who was laying on his side and had a pillow covering his face.
"Hey Murder, you okay?" I asked slightly nervous that he'd snap at me, but maybe he wouldn't. I guess I don't know him the best compared to everybody else. Murder only responded with a groan and flipping me off, I didn't know if it meant that he wanted me to leave or he was just in a lot of pain.
"So I'm guessing you're in a lot of pain then?" I asked him, lowering my voice a bit so I didn't make it worse. He gave me a weak thumbs up and then lowered his shaky hand, he shifted his position and turned over so he was facing me now.
"Do you need anything?" Asked as I sat down so I could see him better, he nodded and raised the pillow as if to protect his eyes from the light. I looked at him expectantly assuming he'd ask me to do something but he just motioned something with his hands. I assumed he wanted me to come closer so I did, Murder just grabbed me in a hug. My face instantly turned red and hot with embarrassment,
"Do you w-want to be in your room..?" I stuttered my guess as Murder gave me a thumbs up the second that what I said settled. I picked him up off the couch and he dropped the pillow, my face became a tomato but at least a very happy tomato. I didn't expect this out of him but then again, I didn't know him very well. I managed to open the door and so I stepped into Murders room, I walked towards his bed and carefully laid him down.
"Do you need anything else?" I asked as my face was no longer red, but did still have a slight bit of pink. Murder didn't respond and I realized he had fallen asleep, so I stepped a bit closer and checked his forehead. It was burning hot and I assumed he was sick or at least had a fever; I made my way downstairs to find everybody else awake. Cross was eating while Horror was cleaning up the kitchen, and Error and Nightmare were chilling out on the couch, Nightmare was reading while Error was crocheting.
"Hey Killer, how is Murder?" Cross asked the second I got down stairs,
"He has a fever, and I think he's sick." I explained as I headed off towards the living room to inform the Boss. Before I walked in, Error teleported away to what I assumed was his antivoid, while Nightmare sat still reading. I approached our Boss but before I got to him he looked up at me,
"What do you need Killer?" He asked looking up at me,
"I think Murder is sick.."
"Okay," he sighed "I'll go check on him." I nodded as he placed his book down and teleported away. I was gonna follow after him but first I was gonna eat breakfast, because I was starving.

Murder's POV:

I struggled to keep my eyes open as Killer helped me to my room, the light burned my eyes anyway so it was easy to keep them closed. But I also didn't want to sleep because I was meant to have another mission today, luckily the mission went well and it went by fast. I had also gotten a lot of exp which was good too, but around the end I started having a bad headache which only got worse as time progressed.

I woke up to a dark room with a Negative aura. It took me a moment to realize that Nightmare was in my room, and I didn't realize until he put a hand on my forehead.
"Need something?" I sputtered out the words attempting to collect my thoughts. It seemed like Nightmare nodded, but I couldn't entirely tell because of how dark it was.
"Killer told me you were sick," He began "And he was right." I looked at him slightly confused,
"You have a fever, and Killer told me you had a headache." Nightmare explained while I just nodded,
"I'm gonna have Killer and Horror take care of you, okay?"
"Sure.." I agreed,
"Also I'm gonna have to turn the lights on, the two won't be able to see anything." I groaned as he flicked on the lights, and I buried my skull in a pillow. Nightmare peeked back in and slapped the pillow out of my hand,
"Let your eyes adjust to the light idiot!" He ordered before leaving again.

After a bit Horror walked in, he had a bowl and a towel.
"Heya Dusty!" He greeted me with his same old smile as he walked towards me. I was getting slightly nauseous so I didn't respond with any motion. I just looked towards him tiredly,
"Here." He said putting the bowl that was filled with soup and the cold towel down on the nightstand. Horror grabbed me and helped me sit up, then handed me the soup.
"You can put the towel on when you lay back down, put it on your forehead, it should cool you down." Horror explained before saying goodbye and leaving me alone again.

Horror's POV:

I walked into the living room to find Killer there, something made me a little annoyed about him. Was it the fact he was blushing when he picked up Dusty? I think so, but he could have just been embarrassed and caught off guard. Or maybe I'm jealous that Dust didn't ask me to take care of him and instead asked Killer. Maybe I'll ask Killer if he likes Dust like that?
"You good Horror?" Killer asked after Horror had stood there for a few minutes doing nothing.
"Oh uh, yeah I'm fine. Do you wanna join me in the garden?" I asked while Killer just looked over slightly confused.
"Uhmm... sure?" He agreed looking unsure, I led him out to the garden and started working while striking up a normal conversation. I couldn't decide whether or not to ask Killer about it, and what if I was wrong, it would be embarrassing. Killer continued talking and attempted to help Horror with watering and looking after the plants, it was kind of.....cute..? Wait! That makes no sense, I already like Dust it would be weird to also like Killer- especially when they're my two closest friends!
"Horror...?"
"Oh uh, yeah?" I jumped realizing I had missed what Killer had said,
"Did you hear a single thing I said?"
"Uh no...sorry,"
"It's fine, never mind then."
"No wait, what did you say!?" I begged, feeling bad for zoning out and not hearing what he had said.
"I said never mind!" He explained again, I looked at him with a pleading expression but he just continued to refuse to answer. I was kinda upset but continued taking care of my plants while Killer attempted to help.

1289 words
Thanks for reading the story so far, chapter 3 should come out next week. And I will be starting up more stories when this finishes; Just a quick reminder this is a short story.