1. SWEET MEMORIES

originally published january 2, 2023

request: Either 3 separate ideas or all together into one: (for Knives out/Glass onion. Any character but probs best for detective Blanc)

● Getting drunk/tipsy and reminiscing their time in their training

● Blanc (?) and reader on a case and one of them gets severely hurt and it's a choice of whether they continue to chase suspect or help the other

● one of them trying to re-enact what theoretically could have happened on a case, person b paying no attention to this, and suddenly person A is in front of them trying different death methods. Someone walking in and being horrified. Person B saying sorry, person A saying it's normal. - anon

pairing: benoit blanc x male!reader

summary: you and benoit reminisce on your relationship.

word count: 1,613

warnings?: minor spoilers for glass onion, maybe slightly out of character benoit, established relationship, fluff, gunshot wound, mention of murder, not proofread

Benoit Blanc had not changed much since you had last seen him, you mused. Still had his beautiful, piercing blue eyes. Still had a brain that run a million miles a minute. Still managed to impress you with every single thing he does. It was almost unfair, how perfect the man sitting across from you was. At least he had one fault that you knew of. At least you could still pull out the fact that you've beat him at every single game of Clue you played against him. He always hated when you did that, arguing that he wasn't good at dumb games so it wasn't fair to keep holding that over his head. But with that sparkling twinkle in his eyes, you knew he didn't really mean it. Benoit was a teasing man—around you, at least. To the rest of the world, he was the world's greatest detective. But to you, he was ole Benny, an awkward fella who was a far shout from the greatest at anything.

"Ain't seen you in a while," he said, looking at you over the rim of his glass as he took a long sip of his drink. He set the glass down, smacking his lips. "You solve any good mysteries lately?"

"Nothing as great as you," you said. "I mean, showing the world that Miles Brown is a complete nitwit? You're really taking that whole eat-the-rich thing to heart."

Benoit waved you off, shaking his head. "It was dumber than a game of Clue. Man didn't even have the ability to come up with an original murder. Stole all his ideas from everyone."

"Well, look on the bright side. At least you finally won a game of Clue," you teased, leaning forward, resting your elbows on the table. "Never thought I'd see the day. Someone should put that in the history books, you know. Benoit Blanc: World's Greatest Detective, Bested by Clue Except for that One Time."

"That's a terrible title for a book. Nobody'd pick it up."

"I would."

"Probably 'cause you'd be the one writin' it."