// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 //

hiraeth - part sixteen

»»——⍟——««

       Erasa shoved Y/n onto the stage next to Sharpner, who chuckled nervously, avoiding eye contact. Stepping back, Erasa gave Y/n a thumbs up with a large grin, just further confusing the girl.

"What's going on?" Y/n whispered to the boy, watching as a young girl walked up to her with a crown, placing it atop her head. Sharpner hesitantly received his crown, sighing.

"Erasa still thinks we might have a thing for each other. She rigged this whole event to get us together." He explained. Slow music began to play, filling the room as the announcer told the two they had to dance onstage together.

"And she didn't think to include me in her genius plan?" Y/n spoke, rolling her eyes with a chuckle. It was just like Erasa to do that, she thought she was the school cupid, when in reality, she often failed to actually get people together. Y/n didn't quite understand why Erasa thought that of herself, when she couldn't even get a boyfriend.

"Sorry. I'd forgotten about it until now. I did want to tell you. But you're not the easiest person to get a hold of." Sharpner said with a smirk. The two danced together under the spotlight, although it was extremely awkward. Y/n knew the basics of slow dancing, but she wasn't perfect. Clearly, neither was Sharpner, but she didn't say a word when he stepped on her foot over and over. And to top it all off, they were simply acquaintances. They barely knew each other.

"It's fine. I'm sorry I roped you into my love life. Gohan and Erasa can get nosy, and I just told them I liked you to get them off my back. That was over a week ago now, I had assumed they forgot. I didn't know Erasa would go to such lengths." Y/n apologized with a smile. Sharpner chuckled, shrugging his shoulders.

"It's fine. Erasa's weird but cool like that. She tried to make us both happy. She's a really good friend." He said. Nodding, Y/n mumbled in agreement as she glanced over to Erasa in the crowd. She was giggling excitedly, watching the two dance, proud of herself. Behind her was Videl and Goku, the man watching in confusion and curiosity. Y/n smiled at the sight of him, knowing she'd have to explain Erasa's shenanigans to him. Her eyes then drifted over to Gohan, who stood at the snack bar. He leaned against, staring at the floor, as if something were bothering him.

Y/n remembered the previous events from before, both blushing and feeling guilty. Gohan hadn't heard her question his feelings towards her. And if he did, he simply did not answer. She felt bad for leaving him, but what could she do? Y/n just didn't understand why he was moping there, when he had a girlfriend.

Y/n's eyes widened as she remembered Videl. Poor, poor Videl. Did she even have any idea what Gohan had been up to? He nearly spilled his heart out to Y/n, did something happen between the two? Y/n assumed they must've fought, or split up. She didn't want to assume the worst about Gohan.

"You alright? You look like you've seen a ghost." Sharpner said with a grin. Y/n swallowed nervously, forcing out a laugh.

"O-Oh, no, I'm fine. Just... a little stressed, is all. I have a lot going on in my life, and I guess not even prom night could help me relax." She said. Sharpner hummed, following Y/n's line of sight, spotting Gohan.

"Oh, poor dude. I stole his girl, huh?" Sharpner joked. Y/n rolled eyes, releasing him as the music ended, the two slowing to a stop. The spotlight dimmed, signalling the end of the prom king and queen dance.