The Beginning

"Sweetheart, wake up! You'll be late!"
Noelle slowly got out of bed and walked down the stairs.
"What's for breakfast?" She asked.
"Cereal, and I prepared a sandwich as usual." Said Ms. Holiday. "I got to go, I have an important meeting. Dress up quick and don't forget your keys this time!"
Noelle shooked her head. "I won't forget it, Mom, don't worry." She than quickly finished her breakfast and ran up to change. Five minutes later, and she was ready.
"Ms. Alphys is gonna assign us the group project today. Hope I'll be with Susie" She though. Then she shook her head. "What am I saying, Berdly will probably be my partner, as usual."

She soon arrived at the school, and sat down. Early as usual.
She didn't have to wait long till the others arrived though. Berdly quickly took a seat and grabbed his notebooks.
Soon, Alphys arrived too.
"A-alright, class!" She said. "The projects will be in groups of two, please select your team members!"
Unfortunatly, Susie was late again, so Noelle ended up in a group with Berdly.
"Alright Noelle!" He said, with that weird, nerdy smile on his face. "We will show these numbskulls what the two top students are capable of achieving!"
"Alright class" Alphys said suddenly, "where did the chalk go?"
Noelle quickly raised her hand. "Ms. Alphys, I could get you chalk if you want!"
"Oh, nonsence, Noelle!" Said Berdly. "I'll go and I'll get the chalk!"
"All right, all right" said Alphys. "Berdly, Noelle, you two can bring me chalk, alright?"
"O-okay" said Noelle meekly, while Berdly quickly stood up. She quickly followed the blue bird.

The moment they stepped out of the classroom, they saw Kris. They wearing a purple jacket, and they were holding... Wait, are they holding a knife?
"Kris!" Said Berdly angrily. "You should be in class right now!"
Kris slowly turned around. Their eye was glowing red, and both their jacket and knife had dust on them... They were also standing over a pile of dust...
"K-kris? W-what did you d-do?" asked Noelle. Her body was frozen, like if she was caught sneaking out by her mom.
Kris slowly looked at them, like if he was CHECKing for something...
"No..." They said. "Not yet, at least..."
They turned around, and quickly ran down the hallway. Berdly ran after them, and Noelle was left there. She looked at the dust in front of her. That jacket Kris was wearing... It was the same as the one Susie always wore...
She looked up and noticed that one of the cabinets was shaking. She walked over, and opened it. A weird, red thing flew into her, knocking her to the wall, but it soon disappeared.
"Alright" she shook her head and stood up. "Berdly, wait!" She yelled.

She quickly caught up to him. He seemed like he was trying to open the closet door.
"I swear Kris jumped in here, why won't it open?" He said angrily.
"Let me here" Noelle said angrily, and she kicked the door open. The lights suddenly turned off, and it seemed like the dark closet was infinite in size.
"N-Noelle? What is this?" Berdly asked quietly.
"This..." Noelle mumbled. "This is where Kris went."
"Wait, what?"
"Come" said Noelle. She felt a weird... thing. She felt stronger, more... determined, to find out why Kris... did that to Susie.
The two kids walked in the closet. The paper trail ended really quickly, and the door immedeatly shut behind them.
"N-Noelle? What's going on?" Berdly cried.
The paper trail soon started to shake.
"Berdly, be careful!" Noelle cried. The feeling she felt disappeared almost immedeatly, as the floor shook faster and faster.
Soon, the floor started falling apart, and the two kids plunged into darkness. But the fall only filled Noelle with DETERMINATION.