𝟏𝟖. 𝐁𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫.

The night fell on Khan's mansion. Each nook of the walls held darkness, and the stillness took over the world. The moon glimpsed through the clouds, casting its glimmer over the gloom of the night, allowing people to admire how it lit up the darkened sky.

𝘍𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘴;

❝ 𝘒𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘪𝘮. 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘱𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘪𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯! ❞ 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘳 𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘥𝘭𝘦-𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘱𝘪𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘵𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘱𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘥 𝘢 𝘱𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘥𝘦𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘳𝘬𝘦𝘥, 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘨𝘭𝘪𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘸𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴.

❝ 𝘔𝘳𝘴. 𝘒𝘩𝘢𝘯, 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥, ❞ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥, 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩. 𝘏𝘪𝘴 𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘶𝘯𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘦, 𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘤 𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘣𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦.

𝘍𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴.

The man on the bed quivered, gripping the bedspread as if his life depended on it. Sweat beads trickled down his forehead, his naked chest on display. His sharp jawline tightened as he shut his eyes and shook his head in dismay.

The walls seemed to watch the man shudder as he jerked his head vigorously, trying to rid himself of the thoughts that plagued his mind without his consent.

𝘍𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵:

❝ 𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵—𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦, 𝘧𝘢—❞

❝ 𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦—❞

❝ 𝘚𝘩𝘦—𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦, ❞ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘣𝘣𝘦𝘥, 𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥-𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘭𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥. 𝘏𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘯'𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘦𝘭 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦.

❝ 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘒𝘩𝘢𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘢 𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬—𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴, ❞ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥, 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘭𝘺, 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴. 𝘉𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘰𝘰𝘻𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘵, 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘱 𝘣𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘥.

𝘐𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭 𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘬𝘺, 𝘵𝘰 𝘎𝘰𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘥, 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘺'𝘴 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘱, 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦, 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘮𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘮, 𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨, ❝ 𝘖𝘩 𝘣𝘰𝘺, 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯. ❞

𝘍𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴.

The four walls observed the man as he sat up abruptly, jerking his head, tears glistening in his ocean-blue eyes. He held his head in his hands, trying to calm his mind, lost so deeply in the darkness that he had become the darkness itself.

He stood up, grabbing his hair in agitation. His heart and mind were in turmoil. He blinked back the tears, despising himself for everything that had happened that night, making him feel pathetic and vulnerable.

He suppressed a scream that echoed through the mansion, but no one came to his aid, knowing this was his dreadful past with no remedy. He was unaware of a fragile soul, perhaps a puzzle to his ugly past, standing in the corridor, sensing his screams in apprehension.

He punched the walls, turning the white paint blood red. The blood from his hands stained the walls as he unleashed punch after punch, trying to rid himself of everything. His heart refused to calm, and his ocean-blue eyes grew so dark that any human would fear to confront his gaze.

❝ Keep this canvas safe with you, ❞ the voice of someone familiar echoed in his mind, dragging him back into the lane of his dreadful past. His heart pounded against his chest in utter loathing of his existence until he ran into the closet to retrieve something.

He held a small white canvas, painted with a pair of stunning ocean-blue eyes. His palm traced the canvas, seeking peace, as he plopped onto the ground, gripping the canvas tightly in his hands.

How bizarre it was that the top business tycoon, who had everything he could wish for—girls, money, and more—preserved this simple canvas and found happiness in it, leaving the walls of his room in quiet amusement.

Secrets lay deep within the walls of Khan's mansion. Every truth would be revealed, every hidden face would come to light. Everything was meant to transpire, all part of God's plan.

❝ How do we tell someone about the waves of emotions buried inside? I sleep at night, yet my soul stays awake, grieving over the loss of memories, love, and people I have lost. Life is a ride full of bizarre events, and so am I. I find peace in the gloom of the night, yet I crave light all the time, ❞ the powerful words echoed across the room, leaving the walls in terror as they stared at the man in utter chaos.

Musa Hassan Khan's words shocked not only the walls but also the person standing at the door, shedding tears. This person had an odd connection to his soul, even though all he had done to her was torture. Some connections only God could understand.

❝ Khafifa comes to you in the form of light, never in the form of a human, ❞ the words echoed in his mind as he stared at the walls, numb. So many questions lingered in the back of his mind, but the answers were never found, nor were they meant to be given.

❝ Khafifa will come to you in human form one day, ❞ his heart whispered, as always, but he dismissed the thought for his own perceived good. He could never believe it, never agree with the words his heart and sometimes his mind whispered to him.

He leaned his head against the edge of the bed, squatting on the ground. His hair was a mess, yet he looked dazzling, a perfect image.

He shut his eyes, letting everything drown in his mind and heart. It seemed as though he enjoyed the pain, allowing his mind to drown in the ugliest corners of his nightmares, him holding the dead body of someone who was his own blood.

The light to his darkness was gone forever, leaving no light to guide him anymore. He was now alone in this ugly world, and when he found no light, he became the darkness itself.