When I was bored on the 21st of june

The big game. 

The stadium is packed full with screaming fans, all chanting for their favourite team. Of course, from the field you can't really tell which team that is. Their yells get louder and more ear-piercing as the start of the game gets closer.

Coming from opposing doors, two teams enter the stadium, both in a light jog and adorning the colours of their respective high schools on their uniform. The screams get louder once more.

Juyeon can't really hear himself think, but it's of no consequence anyway.

IST versus Starship. The final game before nationals. Both teams battled hard for their spot here. Countless days and nights filled with practice, sweat, doubt, confidence. There wasn't a single player on the field who hadn't sacrificed for their team.

Juyeon's heart is beating out of his chest, but he doesn't dwell on it. There's no good in being worried about nerves. 

He doesn't look out to the crowd or his teammates. He focuses on his spot on the field. He has been through this scenario countless times, with his own teammates, with other schools... He is sure he will come out of this a winner.

His heart beats a little faster. He can feel it ripple underneath his protective gear. Juyeon thinks he can almost see it pounding through his uniform when he looks down.

A whistle blows. Everyone gets into position. He is suddenly face to face with the opposing team's midfield player. His face is stone cold. Juyeon puts on this same mask, staring, waiting.

The whistle blows once more. The game starts.