Chapter 6

Azrael looked towards the item creation screen with interest. The developer, Haurto had said that we could make any type of item that we desired. But what were the limits to that? Could he make an item whose power is equivalent to that of a World Class item?

He looked towards the other world champions. They had all already begun to make their respective items. 

It seemed that they had all already decided about the item that they wanted, unlike Azrael who had only now begun to think about the item that he wanted.

Azrael was in deep thought. He had plenty of stats to begin with. And as far as he would be concerned, the new class- World Champion- would give him even more of a stat boost, far more than any other world champion. So what exactly did he need?

Items could be of many types. Those that increased stats, defense, MP, HP or plain out special items with a variety of uses. Azrael was in a dilemma.

What type of item should he make? The developers, while they did say that they could make the item according to their own preferences, would obviously not allow an item that can 'cut through anything' or 'block any attack completely' to exist. Right? Well, the possibility was there  but it was still not likely.

After about 5 minutes of staring at the screen Azrael had an idea.

Immediately he began designing the item that he wanted. As he was designing the item, one of the humanoid world champions, a player with a female character stood up from her seat and walked towards the sleeping Haruto.

"Hey developer." She said as she lightly nudged him to wake him up.

"Hmm? What?" Almost immediately Haruto stood up as if he hadn't been asleep to begin with.

"I'm done with my item."

"Oh, let me take a look." Haruto said as a screen materialized in front of him.

After a minute, he had read the contents and reviewed them twice over. Mainly because there wasn't much to review anyway. After he did that he turned to the female player and asked "Are you sure you want this to be your item?" He asked in a weird tone.

As to why he asked this was because the item in question was a Katana. But the thing is, the katana could not be said to be at the level of a world champion item. The Katana while it had a pretty great design, did not have anything special about it. The only thing that was written in the effect of the item was that it was sharp enough to cut through anything. Now that itself was a vague term. And it wasn't even in the lore of the item that would persuade Haruto that the woman was merely role playing. No, she wanted the actual effect of the item to be like that. And while that was the case, the best the devs could do was amp up the damage to a broken level. And that's it.

"Are you sure you want this to be your item?" And so Haruto asked this question for the third time.

"YES! Why do you keep asking the same question? With this at my disposal, I will be invincible!" The woman screamed.

Seeing this, Haruto merely sighed "Then your item will be ready in a week, please walk through the door." He said closing the screen and gesturing towards the single door that was in the room.

The woman made her way over to the door and did a victory pose while walking, as if happy with her creativity. Seeing this, Haruto could not help but take another deep sigh.

'Sometimes, I hate my job.'

                                                                                       ***

After about 20 minutes, there were now only 2 more people that were seated in the room aside from Haruto himself. Which were Touch Me and Azzrael.

Both of them were so absorbed in making their respective items that they hadn't even realized everyone else leaving.