Chapter 2

Taking off the neural headset, I sit on the bed and sigh. It has been 8 months since I arrived into this world. My time here had been eventful to say the least...

First of all, One Punch Man blew up within the first week of it's release. I honestly thought it would've taken way longer. Within just a month of it's release, the series already had 10 million followers. Along with that, with One Punch Man, people had discovered WEBTOON and quite a lot of new stories had been popping up. I had to hire some employees to manage the site and stuff. Now, obviously the stories weren't anything special, the platform was quite new still. But that didn't mean it wasn't popular.

After seeing One Punch Man's success I decided to write another very popular series from my old world. Chainsaw Man. Needless to say, it was another hit. People were literally going crazy about it on the internet. And quite a lot of people were being weird about Makima.

It wouldn't really bother me to have multiple projects going since with my godly drawing skills I could finish one chapter in an hour.

Considering that, I had plenty of time of laze around all day and play games. Speaking of which, I had became a game addict.

Since the first time, I had played a game I had tried several more on the neural headset. And even installed and tried out some others.

However, none of them were quite as good as the first one. [Battleground of Gods] had quite a lot of interesting game modes to try out.

Even in the practice mode, the Nightmare difficulty was hard enough. The difference between Master and Nightmare difficulty was like trying to pacify a 5 year old throwing a tantrum and fighting a fully trained soldier.

I don't really know what the developers were thinking when they added such a high difficulty gap but even then, they were hardly an inconvenience. After about a minute, I was able to completely adapt to the difficulty and overwhelm the shadow.

After that I went on to the other game modes. I have to say survival was my favourite.

In the mode, the player would face an endless horde of these shadows. The player could freely select the amount of shadows that would be formed. Needless to say, I chose the Nightmare difficulty and pumped the enemy amount of maximum possible which was 100.

The game was supposed to continue until the player died. Mind you, I did quite a lot of times.

But there were time when I was able to pretty much fight for hours until I myself decided to Quit.

Anyway, the game aside my real body had also recovered some muscle and now I look like a pretty handsome dude if I do say so myself.

Another thing to note was that new year had passed in the time that I had been here.

New year was pretty bland if you ask me, but then again maybe that's because I don't have any friends.

Recently, I was getting pretty bored of the games that were available. Well, there was another DMMO-RPG game named 'YGGDRASIL' coming out but I wouldn't depend on it. The game supposedly offered complete player freedom which was hard to believe. Additionally, if the game did offer complete freedom to the players, then there would have been a lot more people discussing it on the internet. And so far, there's only a couple of sites that have been hyping up the game. The vast majority of social media basically consists of fans of my works. The people that discussed about YGGDRASIL were the absolute minority.

Anyway, the beta version was scheduled to be released today at 9 pm. I looked at the clock hanging on the wall.

8: 36. There was still time for the beta release. Well, I didn't sign up for the beta release anyway. I honestly would have but by the time I found out, it was already too late. The lucky people had already been decided. I would have like to test the game as soon as it came out to quench my boredom but that was not to be.