𝟏𝟗. 𝐁𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞.

The Moon glanced at the fragile soul kneeling on the ground, her mouth encircled by her palms to stifle her hiccups. Her figure shuddered as she cried her heart out, her heart throbbing with intense pain from the things she had just witnessed and heard.

❝ 𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘥𝘰 𝘸𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦? 𝘈𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦? 𝘐 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘺𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦, 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘴 𝘨𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘵. 𝘓𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘪𝘻𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘰 𝘢𝘮 𝘐. 𝘐 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘺𝘦𝘵 𝘐 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦. ❞

The words echoed through the corridors, the dominant voice of someone she now referred to as her beast ringing in her ears. She felt her breathing become uneven, her heart yearning to find harmony in any corner of her life, wherever she could.

When anguish and heartbreak assault people, some tend to turn into broken souls, while others turn into beasts. But now, two souls had encountered each other by God's will, both broken yet unable to mend themselves.

One had turned into a beast, and the other was broken and devastated. Fayra felt herself breaking. The words echoed in her mind, and for a moment, she wondered if this shattered man wasn't her beast, because in the daylight, he exuded superiority and drank in fresh blood. Yet now, he was screaming, just wishing to fall asleep.

There was a connection between them. She felt she shouldn't cry because he was the same person who had destroyed and abused her, yet some bizarre connection held her to believe otherwise.

God certainly made women delicate in heart!

Gathering the remaining courage and strength, she wandered towards the familiar room, her tears not inclined to cease any time soon. Her hands shuddered as she walked, falling to her knees and questioning God, ❝ Why? ❞

Why was she crying in the first place? And who was this man, Musa Hassan Khan? What dreadful past did he hold, and what had made him turn into a beast?

A myriad of questions, yet no answers were found. Time would come when secrets would unravel, broken hearts would heal, and they would discover a remedy for their wounds, clinging to hope. God had better plans.

All this turmoil was tangled within the four walls of the room. She draped a brown hijab loosely over her shoulder and ran into the yard. Moonlight adorned the space, stars glinting so brightly that they would leave any human admiring their grandeur.

Her tear-stained cheeks and spiraling emotions left her legs feeling flimsy. The frigid wind and cold midnight air made her shiver as she caressed her arms, trying to keep the cold at bay.

Her eyes scanned the garden, full of various flowers and gigantic trees embellishing the grassland. The faint sound of footsteps made Fayra cautious, and she turned her head sideways in anxiety. It wasn't until her grey eyes met a familiar pair of breathtaking ocean blue that she realized who it was.

He stood there in white trousers and a black shirt, sleeves rolled up, and a few buttons undone, revealing his toned chest. Fayra caught the scent of cigarette smoke, forcing her to shut her eyes due to nausea.

His right hand was wrapped in a white cloth, stained with blood. He held the cigarette between his fingers, placing it at the corner of his lips. His ocean-blue eyes surged with various emotions that no soul could unravel.

Mystery runs with him!

Fayra fidgeted with her fingers, her eyes filled with trepidation and terror, her heart thumping loudly against her chest. She took a step to walk away, but a dominant voice stopped her in her tracks.

❝ Where do you think you're going? ❞ said the man in his commanding and dangerous tone, crushing the cigarette under his foot as he took strides closer to the delicate soul. Fayra felt the need to breathe, or her soul might leave her body any moment without her consent.

❝ Ro-om, ❞ muttered the poor soul. Her body quivered as his warm hands caressed her cold arms. Her grey eyes widened at his gesture, and she took a step back in apprehension at this absurd and mysterious man, the one and only Musa Hassan Khan.

He was jolted out of his daze when his phone rang. His ocean-blue eyes remained fixed intently on her grey, fear-filled eyes as he answered the call, his left hand still gripping hers. Fayra wriggled, trying to free herself from his powerful hold.

❝ Kill him and feed his body to the street dogs!! ❞ Musa demanded of the person on the other end of the call, making Fayra tremble with panic and loathing for this monster, for whom she had felt mercy just moments earlier.

Each word he spoke made Fayra gape at him in utter revulsion, fear deeply concealed inside. A lone tear slipped from her beautiful grey eyes, and for a moment, the ruthless beast felt as if he were drowning in their grace.

❝ How many innocent lives have you taken? ❞ Fayra questioned, her voice flooded with anguish and loathing, her eyes releasing innumerable tears as she stared at him for answers. Musa, however, was entranced by her beauty, which glimmered in the moonlight.

She shoved him with all her might, her newfound courage leading her to grip his collar for answers. The man was shocked at this ferocious cat. For the first time in his life, he felt his lips curl into a smile at her bold gesture—her tiny hands clutching his collar for an explanation.

❝ Countless, ❞ Musa whispered, leaning dangerously close to her ear. His hands now held her cheeks, and his heart felt foreign emotions dancing in their embrace while his mind tugged at him to get his revenge, to make her suffer, and kill her a little each day. But his heart told him otherwise.

❝ When you die, the world will celebrate, Mr. Musa Hassan Khan!!! ❞ she yelled, her voice trembling as it echoed through the space. Her hands shook, her eyes brimmed with tears, and her heart and mind were filled with hatred and disgust toward him. All he did was laugh dangerously, releasing her as she ran to the room with all her might, her shaky legs ready to give way at any moment.